Location Nashville Hotel
The Omni Nashville Hotel was specially created to be an authentic expression of Nashville's vibrant music culture. Across from the new Music City Center, the luxury hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience, fully integrated with an expansion of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on four levels. Located on Fifth Avenue between Demonbreun and Korean Veterans Blvd. The Omni Nashville Hotel design is a modern expression of the city's distinct character, incorporating natural materials, exposed steel and regional limestone. The multi-story hotel and expanded museum shares meeting and entertainment space and brings additional restaurants and retail venues to this dynamic destination in downtown Nashville.
The Omni Nashville Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Nashville may be your perfect match.
The candidate will assist wait staff and bartenders in Barlines expediting food, replenishing supplies and service items as needed.
- Assist in bar setup and opening, as well as closing.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Stocking the bar stations to par, and maintaining a par level of liquor bottles.
- Maintain clean glassware as needed.
- Become completely familiar with the liquors and beers sold in the bar.
- Greet all guests promptly and courteously.
- Ability to assist and focus attention on bartenders and servers needs, remaining calm and courteous.
- Think clearly, quickly, maintain concentration, and make concise decisions.
- Ability to perform the job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ensure work area is clean and clear of standing water, debris or any objects that can obstruct the job duties from being performed safely, efficiently and effectively.
- Minimum 1 year food runner experience/DRA experience preferred. Other relevant hotel / food & beverage experience will be considered.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers, with the ability to answer guest questions and describe menu items.
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up on guest requests and needs in a fast paced environment
- Excellent customer service, service recovery and problem solving skills.
- Must be TABC certified.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance. Must be able to change out kegs. Requires frequent bending, reaching overhead, and twisting. Must be able to stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .