Overview King Edward Hotel
With its rich history, timeless elegance, and modern hospitality, the Omni King Edward Hotel has been a favourite of both locals and visitors for over 110 years. Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, this landmark hotel is just steps away from a wealth of diverse restaurants, tourist hotspots, and shopping centres. It's no wonder the Omni King Edward is the perfect destination for business and leisure travellers alike.
The Omni King Edward Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni King Edward Hotel may be your perfect match
The F&B Supervisor is responsible for assisting the F&B Manager in the daily operations of our food and beverage outlets. This individual is to deliver prompt, courteous service in a manner that complies with Omni Food and Beverage standards and company policies and procedures.
- Motivate and lead through teamwork
- Supervise and coordinate assigned shift.
- Assist in overall supervision of the department.
- Complete Moments of Service checklist for dining room.
- Spot check liquor pars.
- Order daily supplies.
- Hold pre-meal meetings.
- Follow up on established training steps.
- Monitor and take corrective actions from guest comments on Medallia.
- Stay on the floor during peak hours.
- Communicate with guests and receive feedback.
- Observe, teach and correct staff's service.
- Monitor each guest experience.
- Examine food preparation and beverage presentation.
- Maintain condition of dining room, lobby lounge, meeting rooms, dish areas and room service.
- Assist manager in scheduling, completing weekly payroll, expenses and forecasting both weekly and monthly
- Prepare maintenance request and follow-up.
- Monitor food and liquor requisitions and food waste.
- Responsible for a high standard of sanitation throughout the food and beverage areas.
- Responsible for storage, requisitioning of all materials and equipment
- Take and calculate material stock (inventory) as required.
- Report all breakages, cleaning supply consumption, etc.
- Maintain all equipment to a high standard, i.e.: dishwashers, burnishers, etc., and reporting to maintenance any defects.
- Must be familiar with and adhere to all liquor liability laws.
- Must know emergency procedures and work to prevent accidents.
- 2 years of experience in Food and Beverage Supervision or Management role is preferred
- Banquet experience is an asset
- Must have the ability to multi-task and manage deadlines
- Understanding of Food and Beverage financials including cost and par controls is preferred
- General knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must have a strong attention to detail as well as strong customer service skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- Hotel Management degree or diploma an asset