This position will assist with the day to day facilities operations, maintenance and planning needs within the Sherrill Center, Justice Center, Student Recreation Center, and outdoor sports field areas, including attendance at planning meetings with public safety personnel, staff and others on as-needed basis to ensure efficient operations of facilities.
Full-Time (40 hours/week)
Posting Detail Information
A bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Sports Management or a related field would be desirable; however, a sufficient number of years of relevant experience may substitute for the degree.
Experience in large facility infrastructure management and mechanical, electrical and HVAC systems skills. Knowledge in sports center/program requirements desired. Candidates must possess broad knowledge of facilities maintenance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Assist with the day to day facilities operations, maintenance and planning needs within the Sherrill Center, Justice Center, Student Recreation Center, and outdoor sports field areas, including attendance at planning meetings with public safety personnel, staff and others on as-needed basis to ensure efficient operations of facilities.
• Assist with maintenance of existing systems, devices and equipment, and assist with maintenance and repairs, as necessary.
• Assist with the management and maintenance of inventories of supplies necessary for the operation of the facilities; assist with maintenance of equipment storage and supply rooms.
• Assist facility manager in ensuring facility is clean and safe for users and help maintain equipment in proper working order.
• Assist in housekeeping, grounds keeping, trash removal, furniture moving etc. and assist contractors and vendors as needed.
• Assist in monitoring safe loading and unloading of equipment and supplies in and out of buildings.
• Assist with physical preparation for academic event set-ups and conversions as needed (tables, chairs, carpet, staging, pipe & drape and all other equipment used for events, competitions, performances, lectures and ceremonies, etc.) as well as assisting with the scheduling and management of a student workforce as needed.
• Assist in developing long-term and short-term goals for facility maintenance and improvement.
• Assist with all other special projects or other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule and Hours
Flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends.
Open Until Filled
Anticipated Start Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applications must be submitted online no later than 11:59 p.m. ( EST ) on the closing date for each specific position. Please note that any documents submitted to Human Resources or the hiring departments become property of UNC Asheville and will not be returned.
Official transcripts may be verified upon employment by Human Resources. If copies of transcripts are necessary they will be requested directly from the educational institution(s) by Human Resources. Any expense will be the responsibility of the employee. Educational degrees required must be from an appropriately accredited institution.
It is the policy of UNC Asheville to conduct pre-employment background investigations on all candidates selected for employment. If hired, the candidate will be required to submit proof of eligibility to work in the United States. New employees are paid only by direct deposit to the financial institution of their choice.
Quicklink for Posting