Location La Costa Resort and Spa
Nestled among the beautiful coastal foothills of Carlsbad, CA, Omni La Costa Resort & Spa is honored as the #1 Wellness Spa by Spa magazine. Omni La Costa's acclaimed restaurants present an updated take on locally inspired cuisine and culinary delights. Steps from your door, world-class accommodations, championship golf and tennis, eight pools and more anxiously wait to welcome your arrival.
Omni La Costa associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, Omni La Costa may be your perfect match.
Job Description SUMMARY
To ensure the safety and tranquil stay of hotel guests and employees, to assist as needed, to enforce the policies and procedures of the hotel and to record in writing any assigned task. Prepare incident and accident reports accurately and in the format specified by the Director of Loss Prevention.
Responsibilities ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties and assignments may be made in accordance with this position.
- Supervises the security activities at La Costa Resort and Spa for its guests, members, employees and owners.
- Ensures that all security operations are in accordance with La Costa Resort and Spa policies, procedures and standards of conduct.
- Supervises trains and schedules all Security officers.
- Meets regularly with the Director of Security to review incidents and current issues. Keeps management informed at all times on major incidents.
- Ensures that the Daily Activity Report reflects all security activities of the previous day and that it is distributed to the appropriate divisions, departments, Human Resources and the Director of Security.
- Ensures that a thorough and complete investigation and report is made on all losses, thefts, and accidents incurred by guests, members, patrons and employees. Ensures the incident reports are prepared accurately and concisely.
- Enforces all hotel rules, regulations and the Company's standards of conduct. Conducts detailed investigations where warranted with the Director of Security.
- Conducts "integrity checks" using covert cctv as losses dictate and random "bag checks".
- Ensures security programs are consistently followed (TIMELOX, Lost & Found, Hotel Parking & Decal, Rideshare, Locker Room Inspection).
- Reviews daily all logs to ensure completeness and takes follow-up action as necessary (patrol log, dispatcher log, rover log, shuttle driver log, and patrol cart log and alarm tapes).
- Prepares and conducts daily shift briefings.
Qualifications EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Two to four years related Security experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
Must have a Food Handler's card and TIPS certification upon hire to help with potential overnight marketplace deliveries and to ensure proper alcohol training.