Location Parker House Hotel
As you pass through the sculpted bronze doors of this luxury Boston hotel, you will be enveloped by the timeless beauty that has made the Omni Parker House a landmark since 1855. Experience the perfect blend of modern amenities and historic charm at America's oldest continuously-operating hotel.Located on the Freedom Trail, guests enjoy grand views of historic downtown Boston, distinguished décor and thoughtful amenities that are evident in every striking detail in each of the 551 luxurious guest rooms. Walk to Beacon Hill, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Quincy Market, the Financial District, shopping and more. Just 2.5 miles (10-15 minutes) from Logan International Airport. Come join us and our family and create your own history as an employee of this historic property.
The Leader-in-Development (LID) program is a 12-month program designed to develop graduates into successful managers in the division they wish to pursue. The Finance LID will spend 40 hours each week as an accounting generalist and 10 hours completing contracts throughout the training property. Upon completion of the LID program, the Finance LID will move into an Accounting managerial role at another Omni property. Must be able to start Summer 2018.
Contracts are projects that will allow LIDs to learn about general hotel operations, as well as the details and functions of their division. Each contract will provide resources and evaluation criteria.
Functions of the Finance LID will be to complete all contracts within 12 months:
- Will be responsible for meeting with Division Head and Director of Human Resources each month as well as completing a monthly feedback report for the corporate office
- Hotel wide contracts include working as a front desk agent, shipping and receiving, participating in a New Hire Orientation and discussing the Omni Six Pillars, and understanding the roles of other departments
- Demonstrating an understanding of payroll, accounts payable and receivable, general cashier functions, income audit, month end journal entries and balance sheet accounts. For example, the Finance LID would work with the Credit Manager to complete all types of A/R billing, such as social and business catering, large group, attrition, etc.
- Finance LID will meet with Division Heads and Managers to understand different departments around the hotel. From Rooms, Food and Beverage, and Sales and Marketing divisions.
- Other contracts include understanding Medallia (guest satisfaction survey) results and trends, any guest issues in the finance area, etc.
Requirements for Leader-in-Development candidates:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in hospitality or finance
- Passion for the hospitality industry
- Previous hotel/restaurant experience
- Ability to work 50 hours each week
- Excellent verbal and written skills, as well as ability to multitask
- Must be a self-starter and good follow-up skills
- Must be willing to relocate to new property upon completion of program