Location Parker House Hotel
As you pass through the sculpted bronze doors of this luxury Boston hotel, you will be enveloped by the timeless beauty that has made the Omni Parker House a landmark since 1855. Experience the perfect blend of modern amenities and historic charm at America's oldest continuously-operating hotel.Located on the Freedom Trail, guests enjoy grand views of historic downtown Boston, distinguished décor and thoughtful amenities that are evident in every striking detail in each of the 551 luxurious guest rooms. Walk to Beacon Hill, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Quincy Market, the Financial District, shopping and more. Just 2.5 miles (10-15 minutes) from Logan International Airport. Come join us and our family and create your own history as an employee of this historic property.
The Leader-in-Development (LID) program is a 12-month program designed to develop graduates into successful managers in the division they wish to pursue. The Food & Beverage LID with a focus in Food & Beverage will spend 40 hours each week as a supervisor in the F&B department and 10 hours completing contracts throughout the training property. Upon completion of the LID program, the Food & Beverage LID will move into a managerial role at another Omni property. Must be able to start June 2019.
Contracts are projects that will allow LIDs to learn about general hotel operations, as well as the details and functions of their division. Each contract will provide resources and evaluation criteria.
- Will learn and perform all aspects of Food & Beverage operations
- Oversees the performance of staff and takes corrective actions when necessary
- Scheduling of staff
- Maintains accurate payroll records to ensure staff is paid correctly
- Responds to guest requests and complaints as required
- Monitors product inventory and order additional products as necessary
- Interviewing and selection of staff
- Ensures that all Food & Beverage operations are performed according to Omni Hotels standards
- A Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Hospitality Management.
- Candidates must be available to relocate after completion of the program.
- Previous Food & Beverage experience is preferred.
- Must be willing to work 50 hours per week.
- Flexble availability to include nights, weekends, and holidays.