Location Parker House Hotel
As you pass through the sculpted bronze doors of this luxury Boston hotel, you will be enveloped by the timeless beauty that has made the Omni Parker House a landmark since 1855. Experience the perfect blend of modern amenities and historic charm at America's oldest continuously-operating hotel.Located on the Freedom Trail, guests enjoy grand views of historic downtown Boston, distinguished décor and thoughtful amenities that are evident in every striking detail in each of the 551 luxurious guest rooms. Walk to Beacon Hill, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Quincy Market, the Financial District, shopping and more. Just 2.5 miles (10-15 minutes) from Logan International Airport. Come join us and our family and create your own history as an employee of this historic property.
The Leader-in-Development (LID) program is a 12-month program designed to develop graduates into successful managers in the division they wish to pursue. The Sales LID with a focus in Sales & Marketing will spend 40 hours each week as a supervisor in the Sales department and 10 hours completing contracts throughout the training property. Upon completion of the LID program, the Housekeeping LID will move into a managerial role at another Omni property. Must be able to start June 2019.
Contracts are projects that will allow LIDs to learn about general hotel operations, as well as the details and functions of their division. Each contract will provide resources and evaluation criteria.
- Schedule & prioritize work load to meet deadlines of all managers
- Type and distribute all correspondence, including proposals, booking notices, letters, contracts, etc. for assigned managers, ensuring that all correspondence is 100% accurate
- Utilize Delphi correctly, to ensure managers are able to accurately track, book and follow-up on all accounts/bookings
- Assist Sales Team with all Site preparation and support with sales kits / brochures etc.
- Assist managers with sales calls and participate in sites, FAMs, trade shows and other related market events as required
- Assist Sales with special reservation needs and work with Group Reservations Coordinator.
- Maintain account/booking files and ensures that all information is included in file, i.e. accurate traces, turnover-checklist, history, letters, emails, deposits, letters, etc.
- Ensure that all managers receive messages in a timely manner. Messages to include name and phone number of caller, date and time call received.
- Coordinate general office functions
- Liaise with other hotel departments to help ensure Sales clients' needs are met/exceeded
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- Coordinates all wedding inquiries, blocking and contracting of wedding rooms
- Executes resumes for wedding blocks and serves as main contact for wedding block clients
- Interacts directly with departments while wedding blocks are in house (weekends) to ensure a successful guest experience
- Candidates must be available to relocate after completion of the program.
Previous Hotel Sales and/or related experience is preferred.
Must be willing to work 50 hours per week to include weekends and some holidays
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- A Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Hospitality or Business Administration.
- Previous experience in a hotel or a related field preferred
- An intermediate level of competency in all Microsoft Office products required
- Has strong interpersonal skills and is customer service oriented with a sincere, helpful, caring and friendly personality
- Projects enthusiasm, professionalism and a positive attitude at all times
- Pays precise attention to detail, order and cleanliness
- Has outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and exceptional phone manner
- Working knowledge of Opera and DELPHI or related reservations software systems a plus
- Able to adapt in a fast paced, constantly changing environment within a dynamic work schedule
- Is goal oriented, well organized and able to multitask to meet deadlines