Overview Houston Hotel
Discover a luxurious oasis at the Omni Houston Hotel. Situated on impeccably manicured grounds, the Houston Galleria hotel features the finest in Houston accommodations with sensational views of the city or pool area. The Omni Houston Hotel is centrally located in the prestigious Uptown Post Oak/Galleria area and is just minutes from all of the excitement that Houston, Texas has to offer.
The Omni Houston Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Houston Hotel may be your perfect match.
To provide and maintain high quality standards and procedures in preparing and serving all banquet food.
- Coordination of all banquet hot and cold foods. Banquet Chef must work along with Garde Manger to ensure quality meets specs and guarantees. Banquet Chef will ensure quality of banquet hot foods, main entree, starch and vegetables are of highest quality available to him.
- Attends daily BEO meetings to ensure guarantees and food products are correct. Must communicate all guarantees and food changes to Chef and Garde Manger and Bakeshop.
- Works one to two days ahead of his operation to insure product delivery is on time and to insure on his days off anyone covering has what they need to operate.
- Responsible for overall banquet food operation to ensure quality and quantity. Chef should have a good working relation with Banquet Managers and Captains and should be in direct communication constantly to insure counts are proper. Assists in the lowering of food cost and waste. Responsible for the return of food.
- Communicates with the Executive Steward on all banquet equipment needed to perform a banquet. This should be done on Wednesday and for one week to insure necessary equipment is in house.
- Banquet Chef is also responsible for cost control, payroll and menu planning along with Executive Chef.
- Coordination with Executive Sous Chef, Night Chef, Pastry Chef/Garde Manger.
- Monthly training classes with immediate associates.
- Menu development.
- 2 Years previous experience in similar position in a Resort environment
- Associates Degree or Equivalent
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .