Location Houston Hotel
Discover a luxurious oasis at the Omni Houston Hotel. Situated on impeccably manicured grounds, the Houston Galleria hotel features the finest in Houston accommodations with sensational views of the city or pool area. The Omni Houston Hotel is centrally located in the prestigious Uptown Post Oak/Galleria area and is just minutes from all of the excitement that Houston, Texas has to offer.
The Omni Houston Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Houston Hotel may be your perfect match.
To ensure the function room is set according to guest expectation and Omni standards. This position will set up, breakdown, and clean all space associated with banquets and conventions.
- Set up, stock, and maintain meeting rooms.
- Refresh meeting rooms during meals and coffee breaks.
- Complete final breakdown of meeting room.
- Clean and return equipment to proper location.
- Must be able to follow instructions on the Banquet Event Order.
- Assist other departments when needed to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department.
- Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Previous customer service experience required; hotel & banquet experience is preferred.
- Must be able to execute assigned room sets after period of training.
- Must be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift. Frequent bending, squatting, kneeling and reaching overhead.
- Must be able to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 lbs. Must be able to push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 100lbs without assistance.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .