Location: 612 West Walnut St. Johnson City, TN 37604
Hours : 8:30 - 5:00 Mon - Thurs; 8:30 - 6:00 Friday **Competitive Pay, Full Medical Benefits, Attractive benefit package includes PTO, 401k match, wellness programs and more!** Role Summary:
The Sales and Service Associate (grade 5) processes a variety of routine financial transactions including check cashing, withdraws, deposits, and loan payments. Balance cash drawer, counting currency and coin accurately. Assist customers in determining the types of account that will meet their financial needs. Opens and processes all types of deposit accounts and consumer lending needs. Cross-sells other bank services and refer customers to other departments as appropriate. Answers questions and/or resolves complex technical problems on customer accounts. Provides exceptional customer service.
Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities - knowledge may be gained through coursework and on - the - job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes. Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required and/or job- specific training.
Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the HomeTrust corporate culture in all actions and words. Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate.
May be responsible for vault and/or ATM as branch needs demand. Fulfilling vault duties requires successful completion of vault teller test. Specific Job Functions :
- Serves as primary customer contact for new account opening and account maintenance requests.
- Represents Bank in providing a complete range of customer services, explains available Bank product and service features and benefits, and gathers customer information to set up new accounts and process updates or to provide maintenance on existing accounts.
- Participates in Branch and Bank sales, service and product training meetings.
- Directly sells all Bank deposit products and services, including but not limited to: Checking, Savings, Money Market and Certificates of Deposit accounts.
- Promotes and introduces other financial institution services to customers, such as: consumer and mortgage loans, IRAs, certificates of deposit, safe deposit boxes, traveler's checks and money orders.
- Thoroughly explains and closes Consumer Loans. Refers Mortgage loans, Investment and other non-deposit Bank products and services.
- Serves as point of contact for customer problem resolution, especially on deposit product issues.
- Ensures compliance with internal controls, operational procedures and risk management policies.
- Ensures the platform desk is properly stocked with forms, supplies, etc.
- Reports malfunctions of Teller and new account terminals and other equipment used.
- Participates in Branch and Bank sales, service and product training meetings.
- Will be required to attend Teller training and Platform Training and is expected to fill both roles as needed.
- Teller Responsibilities to include:
- Receives checks and cash for deposits to accounts, verifies amounts, examines checks for proper endorsement, and enters deposits into computer records.
- Cashes checks and processes withdrawals; pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances. Place holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Receives mortgage, consumer loan and other payments and ensures the payments match balances due. Enters payments into computer. Generates customer receipts.
- Responsible for checking night depository bags and recording proper information on the financial institution's forms.
- Counts, checks and packages coins and currency.
- Balances cash drawer at the end of the shift and compares totaled amounts to computer generated proof sheet. Reports any discrepancies to the supervisor as necessary.
- Ensures that the teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, etc.
- Keeps all cash and negotiable items secure at all times per Bank policy and procedures.
Physical and Mental Qualifications :
- Familiarity with all federal and state banking regulations, including, but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act and the USA Patriot Act.
- Thorough knowledge of all Bank deposit products.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in account opening and maintenance activities.
- Sales/Service skills - knowledge of bank products and services, sufficient to identify and fill customer and prospect needs, conduct sales/service dialogue with customers and prospects, and/or refer quality business.
- Familiarity with all federal and state banking regulations pertaining to lending and consumer finance, including fair lending laws, the Bank Secrecy Act, and the US Patriot Act.
- Stay abreast of all changes in policies and procedures related to retail and consumer lending products.
- Excellent interpersonal/verbal communications skills.
- Ability to resolve customer concerns/issues in a positive manner.
- Successful completion of in-house training programs or other approved or assigned training programs for new accounts function within one year of accepting position.
- Thorough knowledge of the paying and receiving function at HomeTrust Bank
Competencies Required :
- Ability to understand and use Bank policies and procedures to meet customer needs, while also ensuring operational efficiency and regulatory compliance.
- Ability to communicate in a positive and effective manner in one-on-one and in small group meetings or presentations.
- Ability to work with limited or no direct supervision.
- Sales and Service Associates must be organized, detailed, and possess an aptitude for basic math.
- Ability to think and act independently within guidelines and limitations of Bank policy and assigned personal authority.
- Ability to lift approximately 25 pounds in cash drawers, coins, and other office related equipment and materials.
- Teller duties require standing for extended periods of time throughout the day. Stools are available and can be used at the individual's discretion.
Personal Traits :
- Drives for Results: Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Action Oriented: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
- Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Presents a professional, business-like manner and appearance.
- Desire and ability to effectively interact with customer and prospects.
- Team and goal oriented style - works cooperatively to attain branch and individual sales and service goals within Bank standards and guidelines.
- Ability/desire to gain credibility as a knowledgeable financial problem solver - i.e. to "sell" himself/herself to customers and prospects as capable.
- Focus/desire to serve customer needs and provide excellent customer service.
- High school diploma or equivalent (Associates Degree preferred).
- 2 years of public contact or sales experience (financial industry experience preferred).
- Successful completion of in-house required training.
- Above average PC and technology skills. Ability to use applicable software and operation branch automation systems.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities