Location Mount Washington Hotel
As grand as the history behind it, the Omni Mount Washington Hotel, located in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, is gracious in ambiance and generous in amenities. A favorite New England retreat of presidents, poets and celebrities, the hotel delights every sense with enchanting music, refined dining and luxurious décor.
Omni Mount Washington Resorts associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni Mount Washington Resort is committed to serve our associates and nurture their growth. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment each day. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Mount Washington Resort may be your perfect match.
Front Desk Agents are responsible for providing a five-star welcome and departure experience to each guest, as well as, serving as ambassadors throughout the guest's stay. Front Desk Agents make the first impression upon our guests by extending a warm welcome, providing information about the hotel and local area, and offering our full range of upscale hotel amenities and services to them. Front Desk Agents are also responsible for settling guest accounts upon check-out, resolving guest issues and completing special requests. They work closely with all hotel departments especially our Concierge, Bell-Door and Ideal Services teams.
- Process guest check-ins and check-outs according to Omni's Moments of Service and Standard Operating Procedures
- Empathetically listen to guest inquiries and provide appropriate responses
- Set up accurate accounts for each guest checking in according to their preferences (room type, payment, etc.)
- Block rooms in the computer and follow through on designated requirements
- Pre-register designated guests and prepare key packets
- Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel (i.e., special requests, amenity delivery)
- Maintain confidentiality of all guests and hotel information
- Employ attention to detail in order to ensure security of guest room access.
- Understand and execute all Omni accounting standards ensuring accurate settlement of folios, routing of charges and adjustments
- Maintain guest history files on all guests
- Accommodate room changes expediently
- Document all guest requests, complaints or problems immediately and notify designated department/personnel for resolving the situation. Follow up to ensure completion and guest satisfaction
- Issue safe deposit boxes to guests and ensure security of key
- Monitor, send and distribute guest faxes
- Generate, print and distribute daily and weekly reports
- Resolve discrepancies on the room status report with Housekeeping
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of all hotel features/services, hours of operation, room types, numbers, layout, decor, appointments and locations, room rates, special packages and promotions.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone
- Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into computer systems
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Ability to compute accurate mathematical calculations
- Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up
- Ability to work well under pressure, dealing with many arrivals and departures within a short period of time
- Previous customer service experience
- Previous hotel front desk experience is strongly preferred
- Previous cashiering experience is preferred
- Fluency in a foreign language is preferred
- Previous guest relations training is preferred