Location New Haven Hotel
Located in downtown New Haven and just steps away from the prestigious Yale University, the Omni New Haven @ Yale University surrounds you with luxurious comfort and unparalleled service. The Omni Hotel stands out within New Haven's skyline. Enjoy breathtaking views from our guest rooms or John Davenports Restaurant located in the 19th floor overlooking the Yale Campus.
Come join our award winning team at the only 4-diamond hotel in New Haven where you'll experience a rewarding and fostering work environment!
This position is responsible for maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in each guest room. Guest Room Attendants refresh rooms for guests who are continuing their stay, as well as, thoroughly clean rooms of guests who have checked out in preparation for the next guest checking in.
- Ability to maintain a 16 room assignment board in an 8 hour shift
- Work independantly with minimal supervision
- Thoroughly clean guest rooms including: making beds, cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming, and dusting
- Restock and replace used items within guest rooms
- Communicate clean status of each room upon completion
- Remove room service trays and tables from guest rooms
- Stock supply cart and ensure that it is neat and well organized at all times
- Check all equipment prior to and after use to ensure that it is in good working order
- Respond to all hotel guests efficiently and in an appropriately friendly manner
- Strong attention to detail
- Comply with all safety & OSHA protocols in the workplace
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability and willingness to stand for 8 hours at a time
- Ability and willingness bend, stretch, reach, and push up to 20 lbs.
- Ability and willingness to work a varied schedule which includes working on weekends and holidays
- Previous experience in housekeeping is strongly preferred