Location Orlando Resort at Championsgate
The Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate is surrounded by 36 holes of championship Orlando golf, the Leadbetter Golf Academy World Headquarters and 15 acres of recreation, this four-diamond resort is one of the nation's premier golf, meeting and leisure retreats. In addition to walk-out golf, guests may choose to relax in our signature Mokara spa, dine in one of our five restaurants or enjoy 15 acres of pools and recreation activities including the 850-foot lazy river.
Omni Orlando's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate may be your perfect match.
To provide technical and administrative assistance to the Executive Sous Chef and ensures effective operation of the kitchen and food production outlets.
- Support restaurant chef/sous chef and supervisor
- Help to train staff.
- Control quality and consistency of all food served.
- Insure station is set for service 15 minutes prior to service.
- Insure all food supplies necessary for service are in appropriate supply on a timely basis.
- Assist in controlling food cost.
- Required to learn all menu items produced by assigned station.
- Refrigeration and serving of cold food.
- Production of orders.
- Help to make sure of product availability for all outlets items.
- Directs proper sanitation of all kitchen facilities and equipment.
- Keep kitchen clean and organize every day by any business
- Ensure staff follows Ecosure rules and procedures.
- Ensures that all kitchen equipment is in good working order.
- Help to direct or report proper maintenance of all walk-in coolers (rotation of food products and cleanliness).
- Be on hands on control over daily food production.
- Monitors safety in the kitchen.
- Ensure food quality and consistency.
- Knows hotel and kitchen expectations and the proper guidelines.
- Help to checks and controls prep and inventory lists for kitchen staff.
- Help to check quality and consistency
- 1 year minimum work related experience is required.
- Work related education is preferred but not required.
- Must have State of Florida food safety certification.
- Good eye/hand coordination needed to use all kitchen equipment.
- Sufficient manual dexterity needed in hands to operate knives, spatulas, tongs, etc.
- Position requires bending, continuous standing, pushing, pulling carrying & lifting up to 70 lbs.
- Ability to work standing up in a confined area for long periods of time in order to perform the essential functions
Tools & Equipment:
- Interior of hotel in restaurant and kitchen areas with exposure to humidity, steam and extreme temperatures
- Exposure to food and beverage hazardous cleaning chemicals
- Exposure to food items and beverages
- Cooking utensils and equipment, pots, pans, slicer, knives, VCM, robot coups, blenders, burr mixers
- Ovens, grills, stoves, flat tops, salamanders
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .