Location Providence Hotel
The Omni Providence is a landmark hotel in Rhode Island. This hotel is located in the exciting city of Providence and is attached to the Rhode Island Convention Center, Dunkin Donuts Convention Center, as well as the Providence Place Mall. Guests find themselves in walking distance to everything the city has to offer from historical sights to amazing restaurants.
The Omni Providence a beautiful Convention Hotel but our associates are what separate us from the rest of the hotels. Our culture provides an atmosphere that allows our associates to learn and grow in their professional development in a fun environment. We strongly encourage promotions from within our company, and as a result, our staff has a solid hospitality foundation. Our diverse staff comes from many different countries in the world and provides a fantastic atmosphere to develop both from a professional and personal level. Although we offer a complete benefit package for all of our full-time associates, all of our associates are provided the greatest benefit of all which is "opportunity".
Fitness Attendants must assist Fitness guests with check in, equipment use, and overall fitness activities. Fitness attendants are directly responsible for fitness facility cleanliness and guest assistance in fitness facility. A consistently positive attitude and knowledge of all facets of the operation with attention to detail are required.
- Maintain cleanliness and neatness of the facility, inside locker room, and fitness center
- Know basic front desk operations: including assisting guests with locker set-up, and membership signup/renewals
- Perform daily general cleaning and minor maintenance tasks in the facility
- Responsible for opening and closing of the sauna areas and their daily sanitation
- Replenishes guest amenities, cleaning and disinfecting, and fold towels when necessary
- Maintain the supplies in the locker rooms
- Maintain laundry inventory and keep linens at high levels
- Maintain bathrooms and restock supplies as needed
- Responsible for checking in guests, providing guest orientation, and ensuring all linen towels and beverages are always clean, prepared and well stocked.
- Maintain high standards in all guest areas
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency demonstrating the ability to effectively communicate with our associates, members and guests.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer skills to include basic office programs, cash handling skills.
- Able to remain calm and professional in a busy environment.
- Able to stand for at least 8 hours per day and squat or bend to lift up to 30 lb. boxes.
- Exemplary guest service skills
- Ability to work under pressure without letting that pressure show to the guest
- Self motivated with "can-do" positive attitude
- Friendly, congenial personality
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Team player, Responsible, dependable