Our employees are what make The Homestead what it is. Since 1766, they've helped us offer guests an opportunity to enjoy Southern hospitality at its best. Located in the Allegheny Mountains of Virginia, we are a four-season resort that boasts superb restaurant dining experiences, championship golf, spa, winter sports and numerous other activities ideal for families and corporate outings.
Omni Homestead's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Homestead may be your perfect match.
The Bartender will be responsible for providing efficient friendly customer service at all times and to maintain a clean, professional top quality bar.
- Mix drinks for servers according to standard recipes.
- Familiarity with the wine list and the stemware and appropriate garnishes used.
- Follow procedures as outlined in employee manual and bartenders manual. Jigger pour, making drinks for servers only when rung in on Micros.
- Keep bar stocked and clean. Follow sidework sheet.
- Monitor inventory.
- Ensure the consistency in the presentation and recipes of all cocktails
- Be familiar with and enforce all policies related to liquor liability laws.
- Be familiar with all property amenities and other restaurants.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years bartending experience.
- Extensive wine knowledge.
- One-year restaurant experience.
- Pleasant personality.
- Excellent communication skills.
- TIPS certification required