We have an immediate opening for a Utility Operator to work at a leading chemical company serving composites and cast polymer manufacturers whose products include appliances, countertops, sinks, shower stalls, boats and RVs, etc.
The Utility Operator will perform duties in an efficient manner to ensure all daily inspections are done and proper shipping tags are marked on drums. The utility operator will also perform general maintenance as needed.Hours: 10:30pm to 7:00amDuties of a Utility Operator/Maintenance Technician will include:
Requirements for a Utility Operator/Maintenance Technician:
- Dealing with Hazardous waste - moving drums into and out of the Hot Box, maintaining logs, daily inspection of the storage areas, monitoring of the Hot Boxes, Preparing loads for shipment, dismantling and discarding used totes, etc.
- General cleanup and maintenance
- Yard clean-up - policing of the property for trash, sweeping the parking lot
- Clean-up of the locker rooms and break room (all employees are still required to clean-up after themselves)
- Assist with spills and clean-up of “events” associated with production
- Keeping Distillate areas neat, organized and free of spills
- Pumping out the various containment areas
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, climb, and walk
We will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative Hiring Ordinance.
Express Office: LAX
130 East Grand
El Segundo, CA 90245