Salary: $18.64Job Summary
Responsible for proper operating and maintenance of a coil line and related equipment to assure production of standard quality plate and efficient machine maintenance, accountable for the quality of his duties under general supervision.Job Responsibilities
· Operates down ender, pay off reel, straightener, shear press, conveyors and stackers.
· Checks tinplate, materials, and skids.
· Assist maintenance with servicing, set-up, operating, maintaining and adjusting of the coil line.
· Performs changeovers
· Reports any equipment malfunction to maintenance.
· Prepares sheared plate for shipment.
· Maintains production, changeover and related reports as directed.
· Performs Quality Checks
· Maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
· Prepares materials used in shipment of sheared plate.
· Performs related work assignments as required including relief of other classifications.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Attendance at weekly Safety Meetings and other meetings as instructed.
Experience / Education
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with supervision and other line personnel.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must meet prerequisite job requirements
- Shift work and overtime is required, as needed.
- The employee is regularly exposed to a loud environment, moving mechanical parts/machinery and chemicals.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- Report unusual events or emergencies to Supervisor immediately.
- Consult with Supervisor regarding company policies and procedures.
- Perform all duties with due regard to safety of self and fellow employees, and with proper care and protection to company property.
- Maintain area in a clean and orderly condition.
If you are interested in this position and posees the necessary skill set, Click apply or give us a call at 925.676.6600
Express Office: Concord
5356 Clayton Road
Concord, CA 94521