Location Parker House Hotel
As you pass through the sculpted bronze doors of this luxury Boston hotel, you will be enveloped by the timeless beauty that has made the Omni Parker House a landmark since 1855. Experience the perfect blend of modern amenities and historic charm at America's oldest continuously-operating hotel.Located on the Freedom Trail, guests enjoy grand views of historic downtown Boston, distinguished décor and thoughtful amenities that are evident in every striking detail in each of the 551 luxurious guest rooms. Walk to Beacon Hill, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Quincy Market, the Financial District, shopping and more. Just 2.5 miles (10-15 minutes) from Logan International Airport. Come join us and our family and create your own history as an employee of this historic property.
The Executive Sous Chef provides technical and administrative assistance to the Executive Chef and ensures the effective operation of the kitchen and food production outlets.
- Advise Executive Chef on all matters relating to the kitchen area and ensure a high standard of cleanliness and hygienic practice throughout the kitchen.
- Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
- Purchases appropriate supplies and manages inventories according to budget.
- Effectively investigates, reports, and follows-up on associates accidents.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations. Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on production quality and services levels; effectively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service. Ensures associates understand expectations and parameters.
- Supports a departmental orientation program for associates to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job. Ensures associates are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
- Manages employees encompassing culinary and stewarding.
- Carries out all supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- AAS in Culinary Arts or equivalent from an accredited University or Institute.
- Minimum of 2 years of previous culinary management experience.
- Must possess strong organizational, management, culinary, communication, and motivational skills.
- Must be creative and up to speed on new concepts and food trends.
- Must be proficient in all aspects of the Food & Beverage/Hospitality industry control procedures.
- Must possess strong background in analytical cost efficiency kitchen management, regional cuisine with all aspects of proper production & presentation methods.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must be able to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; and taste and smell.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures.
- Servesafe Sanitation.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity/AA/Disability/Veteran employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .