Overview Mount Washington Hotel
As grand as the history behind it, the Omni Mount Washington Hotel, located in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, is gracious in ambiance and generous in amenities. A favorite New England retreat of presidents, poets and celebrities, the hotel delights every sense with enchanting music, refined dining and luxurious décor.
Omni Mount Washington Resorts associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni Mount Washington Resort is committed to serve our associates and nurture their growth. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment each day. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Mount Washington Resort may be your perfect match.
The Omni Mount Washington Resort is looking for an Assistant Manager for our Main Dining Room!
- Select, train, evaluate, lead, motivate and coach, supervisors and associates in the assigned venues to maintain a commitment to service delivery to all of our constituents. Service standards are to be evaluated based on market trends in an effort for continuous improvement in the operation.
- Create an environment in which collaboration, creativity and innovation is the norm in an effort to drive the experience for our guests and for our associates.
- Maintain visibility in the operation to employees and guests. Cultivate positive relationships with repeat guests and staff.
- Maintain open lines of communication with direct reports and staff to ensure operational needs are met and policies are enforced. Attend operational meetings to promote interdepartmental cooperation and improve communication.
- Monitor labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, supply chain efficiency and inventory control while devising revenue generating strategies.
- Insure that all areas produce quality products and that competitive pricing is maintained.
- Provide detailed development and training programs for all associates leading to achieving our service goals.
- Must possess knowledge of the principles and practices within the food & beverage/hospitality profession. This includes experiential knowledge required for management of people, complex problems and food and beverage management
- Must demonstrate proven leadership skills and must be able to delegate, effectively train, develop and motivate staff.
- Ability to establish priorities for the associates and provide feedback in order to enhance performance
- High level understanding of scheduling, payroll, associate relations matters, service recovery, forecasting, managing inventories, cost control, culinary techniques and menu development required.
- Highly developed customer service skills; possessing a friendly & service-oriented demeanor and strong problem-solving abilities, with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and employees.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.