Overview Interlocken Resort
The Four-Diamond, award-winning Omni Interlocken Resort welcomes you to a retreat into modern luxury. Nestled against the backdrop of the Rocky Mountains, this year-round Colorado resort near Denver offers a wealth of on-site amenities. With its stunning panoramic views of the mountains or valley, unmatched luxuries and the essence of snow-capped mountain tranquility, the Omni Interlocken Resort is sure to sweep you off your feet.
The Omni Interlocken Resort's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Interlocken Resort may be your perfect match.
Responsible for the management of all aspects of the Food & Beverage Division functions, in accordance with hotel standards. Will oversee and direct the operation of the Banquet functions, Pool Area (Seasonal), Room Service, and Restaurant facilities. Will direct, implement and maintain a service and management philosophy which serves as a guide to respective staff.
- Review daily high cost item inventory control sheets and food cost comparison to potential.
- Develop action plan if food cost is off target.
- Review production planning to forecasted covers.
- Review production planning for Banquets and check banquet reconciliation daily.
- Review and maintain other expense control sheet as well as missing check report.
- Review abstract trend of daily specials; appetizers, desserts, side orders in percent to total covers and compare to production sheets.
- Review cover counts against sales goals.
- Compare average checks and develop action plan if average check falls below budget.
- Monitor to ensure that all stations are working with production sheets and amounts are produced as listed on those production sheets.
- Ensure that amounts are sufficient for forecasted covers.
- Make sure that cooks follow recipes and that food for banquets is not being overproduced.
- Stream-line coordination of Food and Beverage products served in Banquets.
- Check portions for size as established in menu item recipe.
- Check that food products meet purchasing specs.
- Check that there is no free pouring of liquor.
- Ensure that plates meet specs and pictures.
- Ensure that specials served have price value relationship.
- Check on pick-up time for service personnel.
- Check that food items in kitchen area are properly stored.
- Ensure that sanitation standards are met (local Health Code Requirements).
- Monitor waste in kitchen, garbage pails, on the line, in the refrigerator and walk-in areas.
- Ensure quality in employee's meal product.
- Ensure buffets and coffee breaks set ups, table tops and uniforms for banquets.
- Ensure service to all guests follows established standards, is consistent, efficient and courteous.
- Perform any other duties required by senior management.
- Minimum of five years experience as a food and beverage leader in a luxury hotel.
- Must have a proven track record of motivating managers and associates to meet and exceed goals and to provide the highest quality experience for our guests.
- Strong understanding of forecasting, budgeting, scheduling, checkbook management, productivity, inventory controls, P&L analysis, food and beverage cost controls.
- Strong computer and technical skills to include Micros and on-line purchasing systems.
- Ability to track and analyze department turnover trends with demonstrated ability to identify and implement corrective action steps if necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and develop growing talent for the company.
- Demonstrated ability to handle progressive discipline/coaching discussions.
- Proven ability to engage associates at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work with Sales and Catering leadership.
- This individual must be willing to work flexible hours as needed during busy times and high profile events.
- Must meet standards of appearance.
- Candidate must be able to work in a fast paced environment and be able to handle multiple priorities.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Candidate must have extensive hands-on food and beverage knowledge and experience including multiple outlets, banquets, and P&L responsibilities.
End of Job Description