Location San Diego Hotel
With miles of sandy beaches and a year-round average 70-degree temperature, there is no better place to live and work than sunny San Diego! Within this seaside paradise lies the newly renovated, four-star, Omni San Diego Hotel; a place dedicated to providing a superior experience for both associates and guests.
Omni San Diego's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni San Diego Hotel's commitment to serve our associates and nurture their growth has led to the company's highest rating in associate satisfaction and an impressive internal promotion rate. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni San Diego Hotel may be your perfect match.
The Loss Prevention Officer serves three vital functions at our hotel: 1) To ensure the safety & wellbeing of our guests, associates & patrons. 2) To protect all hotel property and assets from theft and/or damage by maintaining a secure environment and 3) Act as an ambassador to guests and associates alike, providing courteous service, information and follow-up on needs/requests. The Loss Prevention Officer will interact with every Associate and every department. This is a job that not only requires the ability to handle and defuse difficult situations (including emergency situations) but also demands the highest levels of guest service according to Omni's impeccable "five-star" standards.
- Patrol the building during rounds around the hotel
- Protects hotel from admission of undesirables and others not conducting legitimate business within the premises
- Follow established guidelines to defuse tense/potentially dangerous situations without placing undue risk to the officer and other associates/guests
- Know when and how to report situations to the Police
- Know when and how to report situations to the Executive Committee and General Manager. Know which types of situations, (example: paramedics called or a life safety issue, violence, significant injury requiring hospitalization, etc) require immediate notification
- Perform "Guest assists"
- Write incident reports and daily log reports according to Omni standards, employing effective "neutral" communication standards in a brief, yet informative style
- Conducts internal investigations into lost property, missing items, associate incidents
- Conduct associate accident/injury investigations according to Omni standards, filing all necessary reports in a timely manner and "getting to the essential heart of the matter" as it relates to causes and follow-ups
- Conduct guest/visitor accident/injury investigations
- Ensure that all communication to guests and associates, especially during the course of an investigation follow Omni standards for not admitting liability
- Ensure that you follow all Omni standards for dealing with the media
- Performs dispatch duties
- Respond to emergency response & first aid situations in a timely manner according to Omni standards and the law. Ensure appropriate emergency responders are notified as need
- Fire alarm control and programming
- Monitor CCTV
- Be able to retrieve CCTV footage as needed to aid in investigations
- Understand and comply with all Omni standards for confidentiality of guest and associate information
- Conduct Lost & found inventory control
- Conduct safety inspections and ensure all unsafe actions and areas are addressed immediately
- Respond appropriately to "crowd control" situations
- Control and monitor internal theft and package policies and conduct bag inspections
- Ensures maximum guest, associates, and hotel safety and security at all times
- Act as an ambassador for our guests and visitors displaying a courteous, tactful, and helpful demeanor but be firm in enforcing hotel policies and procedures
- Reports in writing on all activities during each shift before leaving the hotel, with oral reports and emergency notifications delivered as directed by the established Security procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able and willing to work varied shifts including: overnight shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have the ability to satisfactorily communicate in English both verbally and written with guests/visitors, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Must be able to communicate in a courteous manner, demonstrating diplomacy, tact and firmness (when necessary).
- Must have the ability to provide legible communication and directions.
- Must be comfortable using computers and established software to look-up information and file/retrieve reports.
- Must be able to type at least 25 wpm.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time and move quickly when needed to respond to urgent situations.
- Clear and concise writing skills are required.
- Quick decision-making skills are required.
- Must maintain CPR and AED certification upon hire.
- Experience within the hospitality industry and/or experience as an officer in a closely related industry is preferred.
- Guard Card preferred
- High school graduate or GED is preferred.