Technician (PRN) - Centralized Refill Authorization Program Job Summary:
- Support ambulatory clinics as a member of the centralized refill authorization program by working with Pharmacists to handle refill requests, prior authorizations, and medication access barriers.
- Communicates clearly with patients as well as with internal and other healthcare team members.
- Requires accurate data entry as well as efficient navigation in multiple electronic health record platforms.
- This service does not handle the physical refilling of medications but the authorization and clinical approval of prescription refill requests.
- Anticipated Schedule: 8-10 hour shifts, no weekends, no evenings
High School diploma or equivalent Preferred Education:
Associate's degree in Pharmacy Technology Required License:
Registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the North Carolina Board of Pharmacy within 30 days of hire AND Active status as a Certified Pharmacy Technician (as credentialed by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board) Preferred License:
None Required Experience:
At least 1 year of pharmacy technician experience or completion of an Associate's Degree in Pharmacy Technology Preferred Experience:
At least 4 years of ambulatory/community retail pharmacy technician experience