Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth Job Summary
Provides accurate call management of physician to physician consultations and referrals. Coordinates communication between multiple departments to ensure efficiency with the arrangement of patient transfers and admissions. Essential Functions
- Navigates complex algorithms based upon requested specialty in combination with knowledge of bed availability, proximity of the referring facility to the receiving facility, patient diagnosis and specialties and services needed to determine the most-appropriate receiving provider and facility.
- Obtains accepting / consulting provider, accurately documents PHI, and coordinates patient transport and bed assignment.
- Utilizes a Computer Technology Integrated telephone answering system for processing inbound and outgoing calls.
- Prioritizes the urgency of requests presenting through the phone queue and electronic transfer request queue as well as the urgency of all outstanding requests and the steps needed for completion.
- Sends redistribution notification and regular updates to administrators, providers, facility leadership and area transportation agencies when a facility nears capacity.
- Completes support work under time constraints, prioritizes work and communicates effectively with Outreach Services staff and management.
- Reports monthly call center metrics for all calls processed through non-clinical and clinical areas.
Sitting, standing and walking required. Occasional squatting, bending, kneeling, reaching, twisting and stair climbing required. Must be able to lift to 10 pounds.Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelorï¿½s Degree preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology required. Minimum 2 yearsï¿½ experience in a medical setting required. Superior customer service skills and advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office required. Knowledge of software applications such as EMR (Electronic Medical records), patient registration, billing, SharePoint preferred.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve. Posting Notes:
Not Applicable Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer