Overview Bedford Springs Resort
Join our award-winning team of associates at the luxurious and exquisite Omni Bedford Springs Resort. More than just a sought-after destination for travelers worldwide, the Bedford Springs Resort flawlessly combines a rich history and historic charm with all of the modern conveniences one would expect from a four-diamond hotel property. After undergoing a $120 million restoration in 2007, the Omni Bedford Springs Resort offers unparalleled service and amenities to thousands of travelers each year.
Our Omni Bedford Springs associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Bedford Springs Resort may be your perfect match.
The describe the duties of the Head Professional who will assist the Director of Golf in the overall management of the golf operation.
Tools & Equipment:
- Work closely with Director of Golf in managing all golf services and operations staff including the recruiting and training processes.
- Oversee the rental and maintenance of golf car fleet.
- Oversee tee time reservation system and point of sale system. Administer training to new hires.
- Implementation of policies, procedures, and coordinating weekly and monthly meetings.
- Maintain close working relationship with superintendant and other department heads.
- Oversee driving range concession, range setup procedures, and range ball consumption.
- Supervise physical inventories and the display of merchandise. Work closely with merchandiser to help determine appropriate customer merchandise needs.
- Manage all associates work schedules and the department payroll.
- Develop and manage the tournament program to suit customer needs.
- Work closely the GHIN handicap administrator and assist in handicap implementation.
- Assist in preparation of budgets on an annual basis.
- Work closely with the marketing department and assist in the publication of newsletters, creating promotional information and materials.
- Golf Car - must possess valid drivers license.
- Computer - must be sufficiently rained in Microsoft Excel, Word, Publisher, Outlook.
- Will be required to use POS system and Tee Time reservation program following training.
- GHIN Handicap Computer - training will be provided
- Hand Radio
Physical Job Requirements (for essential functions only)
- Head Professional will be required to actively communicate with golf shop staff, player service staff, and player assistant staff.
- May be subjected to adverse conditions - rain, wind, sun, extreme heat and cold.
- Must be able to withstand possible 8-10 hour work day.
- Will be subjected to standing on feet for several hours at a time.
- Must be able to walk, see, hear, and vocally communicate.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs - golf bag, range ball buckets.
- Must play golf and have knowledge of the game.