Location Nashville Hotel
The Omni Nashville Hotel was specially created to be an authentic expression of Nashville's vibrant music culture. Across from the new Music City Center, the luxury hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience, fully integrated with an expansion of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on four levels. Located on Fifth Avenue between Demonbreun and Korean Veterans Blvd. The Omni Nashville Hotel design is a modern expression of the city's distinct character, incorporating natural materials, exposed steel and regional limestone. The multi-story hotel and expanded museum shares meeting and entertainment space and brings additional restaurants and retail venues to this dynamic destination in downtown Nashville.
The Omni Nashville Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Nashville may be your perfect match.
To ensure all prep items are prepared and stored to proper specifications.
- Utilize a hands-on approach to training and developing kitchen staff.
- Ability to instill safety and sanitation habits in all employees.
- Teach employees the importance of consistency in preparation and presentation.
- Thorough knowledge of food handling and preparation techniques.
- Ensure the level of quality, portion control, and plate presentation is adhered to consistently.
- Supervise daily food preparation for assigned areas.
- Prep, stock, and rotate line to ensure ample supply of products is maintained.
- Work closely with wait staff to exceed guest expectations.
- Supervise the preparation of all items on prep list following standard procedures.
- Maintain high quality at all times. Inspect all food products for quality when working on prep list and service line.
- Check portion control, weights and counts prior to function.
- Fire all food for service and to serve on line.
- Maintain/check cooking times and temperatures.
- Follow all storage procedures when taking food out of walk-in and when returning food to walk-in.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area at all times.
- Keep walk-in, prep area and equipment up to Health Department and EcoSure standards at all time.
- Prepares all food items according to standard recipes and as specified on guest check, to ensure consistency of product.
- Visually inspects, selects, and uses only food items of the highest standard in the preparation of all menu items.
- Checks and controls the proper storage of product, checking on portion control, especially in specific cuts of meat, to maintain quality product.
- Keeps all refrigeration, equipment, and storage and working areas in clean, working condition in order to comply with health department regulation.
- Good working knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking i.e., sauces, stocks and cooking procedures.
- Ensure that level of quality, portion control, and plate presentation is adhered to consistently.
- Consistently check line plating and quality.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Candidate is required to have at least 2 years culinary experience in a hotel or restaurant kitchen with minimum one year kitchen supervisory experience.
- Candidate must have proven culinary skills and must be able to lead, develop, and motivate staff.
- Ability to teach employees importance of, and how to interact with internal/external guests and courteously solve internal requests.
- Ensure that all health standards are consistently maintained.
- Ensure all safety and security policies and procedures are followed.
- Ability to train a staff to produce high volumes of work while maintaining quality per Omni standards.
- Must be familiar with batch and quantity cooking in a high volume restaurant.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as organizational skills.
- Candidate must be creative and up to speed on new concepts and food trends.
- Must have basic mathematical skills and be able to adhere to recipes.
- Must work well with others and be able to effectively train culinary staff.
- Self-motivated, and ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to write and perform daily prep list and par sheets.
- Requires a working knowledge of sanitation standards.
- Eye/hand coordination needed to use all kitchen equipment.
- Highly motivated self starter focused on quality, organization, cleanliness and teamwork.
- The ability to work in a fast paced high pressure work environment while executing delegated tasks and assignments.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up.
- Ability to produce high volumes of work while maintaining quality per Omni standards.
- Culinary degree and/or formal training preferred.
- The ability to stand/walk for long periods of time and lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds. Requires repetitive motion with both hands and occasional bending/stooping/kneeling.
- Must be able to utilize culinary tools (knives, commercial equipment, etc) and taste/smell.
- Flexible schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .