Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth Job Summary
Performs functions supportive to the pathology laboratory and its technical procedures as directed by the leader.Essential Functions
- Completes accession and registers specimens for processing and testing.
- Labels specimens and assigns correct physicians. Follows designated procedures for labeling and processing.
- Makes up solutions, reagents and supplies as assigned.
- Assists pathologists and pathology assistants in the setup, preparation, and log-in of specimens for analysis and frozen sections.
- Operates all necessary equipment in designated laboratory, understands limitations of products and equipment; reports problems to leadership or lead technologist.
- Maintains stock and records involved in inventory; including sign-out sheets and record storage. Puts away supplies in an orderly and timely manner.
- Disposes of bio-hazard waste and tissue as assigned.
- Answers phone and uses paging system
- Files slides and requisitions according to directives and policy.
- Consults with leader or technologist to obtain clarification of technical detail or procedure.
Works in a busy environment around physicians, technologists, and other hospital team member. Works in an area, which contains biohazardous (infectious) materials along with chemical, fire, and mechanical hazards. Each team member has the responsibility to work in a safe manner. May be required to stoop, reach and lift light (20 pound) to moderately heavy (50 pound) loads.Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelors degree required; chemical, biological, or life sciences degree preferred. 1 year lab experience preferred. Additional certification may be required based on department.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve. Posting Notes:
Not Applicable Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer