Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth Job Summary
Administers a broad range of psychological and neuropsychological tests including intelligence and cognitive tests, personality and behavioral tests, mental status examinations, and other structured assessment techniques under the request of and direct clinical supervision of licensed practicing psychologists.Essential Functions
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, or arrange for the provision of appropriate care, for child, adolescent, adult, and older adult population of patients.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the lifespan and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status.
- Participates in Performance Improvement studies.
- Makes careful, complete, and accurate observations regarding patients' behavior, test taking attitudes, cognitive and/or behavioral strategies with test items, and any other matter which may affect the test results or contribute to understanding of patients' performances.
- Scores tests in an accurate and timely manner, including tests that he/she administers or which have been administered by other departmental staff.
- Performs data entry and program execution for computer-based scoring, and assists in computer entry of test data for record keeping, quality assurance, program evaluation and research.
- Assists in collecting relevant historical and behavioral data about the patient under the request and supervision of a licensed staff psychologist.
- Maintains files of current test results and/or archived results in a timely and accurate manner, and protects the confidentiality of all records.
- Stores, monitors usage, and requests orders of test materials, answer sheets equipment, and assessment software so that these materials are kept in sufficient supply, and assists in tracking and management of other therapeutic supplies as assigned.
Hearing adequate for oral / aural communication with patients, staff, family, visitors, etc. Vision adequate for reading. Intelligible speech and normal language/cognitive skills. Must be able to push patients in a wheelchair or stretcher. May lift and carry up to 20 pounds and occasionally 21-50 pounds. Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the day. Job duties may require climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching overhead. May have to transfer patients. Personal protective equipment such as gloves, goggles, gowns, and masks are sometimes required due to possible exposure to hazardous chemicals or blood and body fluids. Work is in a fast- paced clinical environment. Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's degree in Psychology or Behavioral Sciences required. Master's degree in Psychology or Behavioral Sciences and North Carolina Licensure at the Psychological Associate Level is preferred. Two years of clinical experience in a health care setting is preferred. BLS HCP certification from AHA may be required.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve. Posting Notes:
Not Applicable Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer