19520 W Catawba Avenue, Suite 111B, Cornelius, NC 28031 Role Summary:
Responsible for identifying, delivering, and executing the Equipment Finance Sales Strategy. Expected to develop profitable relationships with both HomeTrust Bank clients and Non-Bank prospects either in footprint or out of footprint. Specific Job Functions:
The following is a summary of the essential functions for this position. Other duties may be performed which are not mentioned below. Specific activities are subject to change.
- Maintain a scheduled calling program with commercial clients and prospects to develop the Equipment Finance product and other Bank services.Identify and address areas of competition, as well as potential new markets in your assigned area that would maximize the volume and earnings of the Equipment Finance portfolio.
- Target your calling efforts towards both private and publicly owned companies with historically high annual capital expenditures.Start your prospecting efforts with commercial prospects with annual revenues between $3 million and $100 million.Focus on direct commercial end-users, and also financially stable vendors of good quality commercial equipment.
- Focus on essential use, revenue producing commercial equipment and target transaction sizes between $50,000 and $1.0 million.
- Analyze client and prospect financial data to effectively manage risk and provide complete and accurate credit applications to our Credit Underwriting partners.
- Attain or exceed annual assigned budgets for volume, fees, and other key objectives.
- Develop and execute business strategy, including identification and assessment of target market, consumer needs, and product solutions; along with plans to sustain and build the business.
- As you develop your individual marketing plan, focus on these Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) to help you achieve your goals:1) Phone calls; 2) Personal Visits; 3) Opportunities; 4) Proposals; 5) Awards;6) Approvals; and 7) Funding to approval ratio (actual funding's as a percent of approved amount).The actual objectives for these KPI's will be subject to the Individual, the EF Vertical, and the geographic area.
- Develop strategy and tactics aimed at delivering the desired customer experience and resultant levels of quality and satisfaction, from the initiation of the relationship and throughout the customer lifecycle, including continuous improvement of the experience based on insights from consumers, customers, and servicing teams.
- Work closely with the HomeTrust Bank Commercial Relationship Managers in all locations.Conduct joint calls on clients and prospects.Send viable referrals to Commercial Bankers and other key functional areas of the Bank.Attend Bank meetings to provide Equipment Finance product training as needed.
- Manage all customer correspondence and your opportunity pipeline in our CRM system and keep all records up to date.
- Assist Credit, Legal, Transaction Management, Operations and Documentation, Sales and Sales Management in structuring transactions to protect the company balance sheet.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with cross functional teams to develop and execute against strategies. Ability to work effectively and gain credibility and respect of others. Lead and persuade others while positively influencing the outcome of team efforts.
- Evaluate current economic conditions and regulatory environment and notify management of possible impact on the business. Monitor and report on trends in equipment financing and leasing.
- Recommend changes that may be needed to remain competitive and profitable. Identify opportunities for new and revised services.
- Take a high visibility, leadership role in the community served.Establish and develop strong community relations in the region, by becoming involved in civic, charitable and community affairs.
- Initiate contact for developing new sources of business. Cultivate and maintain relationships with numerous sources of new business. Arrange personal meetings with prospects to explain leasing services, rates, and terms of lease agreements.
- Interview prospective lessees to develop background information to determine acceptable credit risk. Communicates subsequent investigation results to lessees and initiate lease contract formation where applicable.
- Prepare market competitive and internally profitable lease quotes by researching market rates, proposing acceptable lease structures, maximizing the use of tax benefits, and insuring sufficient company profitability.
- Structure, design, and propose viable Equipment Finance transactions. Work with clients to tailor agreements that meet customer needs from the beginning of the transaction to the close.
- Manage customer relationships on an ongoing basis by monitoring and being proactive with respect to the changing dynamics of the market conditions and competition.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical and Mental Qualifications :
- Knowledgeable of Bank underwriting guidelines to include in-depth commercial and consumer credit underwriting knowledge.
- Strong teamwork orientation with an ability to work effectively in a constantly changing environment.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and communications skills.
- Skilled professional networker.
- Familiarity with all federal and state banking regulations pertaining to lending and consumer compliance, including fair lending laws.
- Ability to understand and use Bank loan policies and procedures to support positive customer interactions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, staff and the general public in a positive, problem solving manner.
- Ability to listen to and convey accurately and quickly, detailed information, important instructions and/or ideas.
- Ability to think and act independently within guidelines and limitations of Bank policy and assigned personal authority.
- Willingness and ability to grow Emotional Intelligence competencies, demonstrating these competencies in the workplace.
- Present a professional, business-like manner and appearance.
- Sales and Service aptitude and ability. The ability to earn quick credibility.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills with well-developed knowledge of working across multiple groups, divisions and sales and service channels.
- Outgoing nature with excellent skills at building and maintaining relationships.
- Possess good personal, verbal, and written communication skills, plus organizational capability. Ability to resolve customer concerns/issues in a positive way.
- Focus/desire to serve customer needs and provide excellent customer service.
- Technically savvy and task oriented.
- High energy with a strong desire to succeed in adverse situations.
- Possess a high standard of personal accountability in meeting assigned sales objectives.
- Utilize an innovative, courageous approach to problem-solving and market analysis.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Business Administration, Operations Management or related field.
- Five to Ten (5-10) years of equipment financing and leasing experience.
- Experience in equipment financing product development, profitability and pricing.
- Demonstrated competency with tax and accounting rules as they pertain to leasing, combined with current knowledge of tax law changes and their impact on potential clients.
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Equipment Finance systems and Microsoft Office.
- Understand and embrace the core values of HomeTrust Bank
- Must be bondable.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Ability to travel, occasionally overnight.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities