Job Code: 03132-82841
Days (rotating weekends)
Opening in March 2009, Methodist Stone Oak Hospital continues to grow and build on our reputation as a hospital where high-tech and high-touch come together. Ours is a beautiful, streamlined, energy-efficient, patient-focused health care facility equipped with the most modern technology available and staffed by people who genuinely care for the well-being of others. The hospital's services include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, oncology, neurosurgery and orthopedics. In November 2017 the hospital expanded by more than 100,000 square feet and 102 beds bringing our total number of licensed beds to over 210.
Methodist Stone Oak Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care and is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. The hospital belongs to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery and has become a leader in robotic surgeries with a highly experienced team of surgeons offering this minimally invasive option to patients. We have been recognized as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® and by Medicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation. Methodist Stone Oak is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive Medicare.gov's 5-star rating out of thousands of hospitals. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Stone Oak Hospital under Locations.
General Statement of Duties:
The Team Leader is responsible for assigning, supervising and performing Environmental Services cleaning tasks. Determines work requirements, assign, supervise, check completed and incomplete work. He/she will train new employees or retrain others as needed and will work with other Associates as a co-worker leader and assists in the completion of procedures in accordance with established department and hospital policies.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Will supervise and perform the cleanliness and neat appearance of assigned area, that the schedule is complete, and instructions from supervisors are followed.
2. Cleans assigned areas to include restrooms, walls, windows, drapes, doors, glass, furnishings, horizontal and vertical surfaces using varies techniques (dusting, polishing, mopping, vacuuming, etc.)
3. Use tools, supplies, equipment and chemicals for their intended purpose so that equipment and hospital property are not damaged.
4. Observe and report any deficiencies of equipment, furniture, fixtures, and the building.
5. Control/Monitor use of the cleaning chemicals and supplies.
6. Apply proper infection control practices and isolation techniques.
Minimum Education and Experience:
High school graduate or equivalent education preferred. Must read, speak and understand the English language. Team Leader should have six months of experience performing Environmental Service type cleaning tasks. Specific requirements of the position can be learned on the job.
Minimum License and Certificates Required: None
Last Edited: 05/15/2018