Job Code: 00050-8783
Days (rotating weekends)
Ocala Health encompasses Ocala Regional Medical Center
, a 222-bed facility located in the heart of Ocala, and West Marion Community Hospital, a 138-bed hospital located in west Marion County, and Summerfield ER, a freestanding emergency department located in southern Marion County. Ocala Health has the only Commission on Cancer approved cancer center in Marion County. The hospitals offer a host of other quality and award winning services including bariatric surgery, orthopedic care and joint replacement, robotic surgery, cardiac and vascular services including open heart surgery and interventional procedures, emergency, neurological and rehabilitation services. Ocala Regional Medical Center is also a Level II Trauma Center. Ocala Health's outpatient facilities include Family Care Specialists, a primary care network of six locations throughout Marion County; Advanced Imaging Centers with two locations; a freestanding Wound and Hyperbaric Center; a Senior Wellness Community Center; and two surgical and physician specialty practices. POSITION SUMMARY:
The Advanced Clinical Pharmacist is responsible for providing all levels of pharmacy clinical services. This includes providing an advanced level of consultative or direct pharmaceutical care as a member of the health care team in the trauma and/or critical care setting. This includes monitoring patient medication regimens and providing appropriate interventions as well as supporting all aspects of pharmacy operations. The practitioner is expected to collaborate with physicians, nurses, and other health professionals to design, implement, monitor, and evaluate pharmacotherapy to ensure effective, safe, and economical patient care. Clinical Coordinator will assist the Director of Pharmacy in the development of Pharmacy clinical services and participate in the clinical training of pharmacists, pharmacy residents, students, and other health professionals. Practices according to the policies and procedures of Ocala Health System. May be required to work at Ocala Regional Medical Center, West Marion Community Hospital, or The Free Standing Emergency Department as needed. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (included, but not limited to):
- Establishes and maintains effective working relations among the critical care and/or trauma areas.
- Disseminate information through intermittent distribution of department, committee or hospital newsletters with critical care information and updates.
- Interpret orders and transcribes or verifies them accurately and efficiently into the pharmacy computer system
- Accurately compound and dispense pharmaceuticals
- Monitor drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, allergies and appropriateness of drug and dose
- Sustain the hospital formulary, minimizing non formulary procurements, utilizing therapeutic interchanges and promotes rational drug therapy selection
- Attend and actively participate in daily multidisciplinary and bedside rounds
- Actively participate in pharmacy clinical services such as drug consults, nutrition support, pharmacokinetics, anticoagulant monitoring, pain management, IV to PO, renal dosing and other programs as defined by Pharmacy Leadership.
- Participate in the antimicrobial management and other clinical programs
- Participate in the training of new pharmacists, pharmacy students, residents, technicians, nurses and physicians.
- Participate in preceptorship of pharmacy students and/or residents.
- Effectively supervise pharmacy operation activities and provides support to the whole pharmacy team.
- 4 year Bachelor Degree or Pharm.D. required.
- Residency preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of pharmacy experience required.
- 5+ years of pharmacy experience preferred.
Organizational, Verbal, Interpersonal, Customer relations, Analytical, Grammar/Spelling, Read/Comprehend written instructions, Follow verbal instructions, Computer/Laptop, Clerical.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D
Last Edited: 05/15/2018