Job Code: 00391-19669
Nights (rotating weekends)Colleton Medical Center
is proud to be the leader of Healthcare Services to Colleton and Surrounding Counties. Our 135 bed facility is able to provide the most comprehensive care to improve the health of our community, and we have been serving the community for over half a century. We are fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) and offer a full-range of diagnostic, therapeutic, emergency and surgical services.Position Summary:
Under the direction of the Department Director, Supervisor, or Charge Nurse, the Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for the delivery of quality patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. The RN is responsible for directing all nursing care for patients based on established clinical nursing practice and federal, state, and local regulations. The RN incorporates knowledge of patient's age specific development and cultural diversity into the plan of care. The RN contributes to quality nursing care through process improvement techniques and multidisciplinary collaboration that demonstrates positive outcomes in the delivery of patient care.
The job may include direct supervision of students at the discretion of the Department Director. Employee must have the same licensure or have completed the same training to satisfy the requirements of the discipline of the student. Direct supervision means the primary caregiver is readily available to the student throughout the shift. Degree of Supervision Required:
Involves general guidance and direction by Department Director, and/or Supervisors. The employee will be expected to perform most job duties independently and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
Age and cultural considerations of Patients Served:
This position requires competence in assessment, treatment, and/or care for the groups indicated. The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psycho/social, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served in his/her assigned service area. The skills and knowledge needed to provide such care may be gained through education, training, or experience.
"Equal Opportunity Employer" Position Requirements: Licensure/Certification/Registration:
- Current licensure in the State of South Carolina as a Registered Nurse
- American Heart Association BLS - Healthcare provider
- Minimum of an Associate degree.
- Emergency Room experience preferred.
- Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient/internal & external customer.
- Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities.
- Must have the ability to effectively read, write and speak fluent English.
- Effective communication skills; both orally and written.
- Computer skills required.
- Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- This is a full time night shift position (7p-7a)
- Weekend and holiday rotation required
Last Edited: 05/15/2018