Job Code: 26760-1089
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and growth opportunities. Join our team and share your skills and talents with the nation's largest private provider of healthcare services.
Performs echocardiology procedures. Operates sonar equipment,maintains, compiles, calculates and prepares findings for physician interpretation and archiving. Processes
all completed echo hard-copies and makes documents available for physician interpretation. Secondary duties may include ordering supplies, stocking the department, and conducting quality control on equipment.
• Prepares patients for exams, monitors progress, and records results.
• Maintains patient comfort and adheres to proper safety procedures.
• Performs timely procedures for subsequent evaluation and treatment by attending physician.
• Provides patient care based upon evaluation of the patient.
• Performs necessary quality control procedures to ensure quality exams are performed.
• Contributes to the teamwork, philosophy of the Department/Office.
• Adheres to and practices appropriate Infection Control Policies and Procedures.
• Assumes responsibility for maintaining and improving echocardiology knowledge and skills with the
• support and assistance of outside educational resources.
• Responsible for maintaining current licensure/certification.
• Performs QA on all Sonar equipment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES - This position requires the following minimal requirements:
• The ability to execute job duties to achieve optimal productivity and efficiency.
• The ability to ensure the accuracy and completeness of work performed.
• The ability to maintain a clean organized work area.
• The ability to follow established procedures in performing job functions.
• The ability to demonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures in
performing job duties.
• The ability to interact and communicate with fellow employees in a way that promotes teamwork and
a productive working environment.
• The ability to perform duties in an independent manner.
• The ability to assume the responsibility for on-going professional development.Skill in taking vital signs.
• This job requires a certificate from an approved echocardiology program.
• 1-3 years experience is required.
• Appropriate state certification required. CPR Certification.
Last Edited: 05/15/2018