Job Code: 01345-6439
No Weekends Executive Chef
Westside Regional Medical Center
We're always on the move. New technology. State-of-the art care. Campus improvements. You'll find it's an exciting time at Westside Regional Medical Center, a 224-bed medical center and healthcare complex. Here, our 800+ nurses and allied health professionals, along with 750 physicians, thrive in a fast-paced but friendly work environment. Our medical services, combined with programs in specialties varying from oncology to cardiology, from surgery to emergency care, illustrate why we are one of the best leading healthcare facilities in South Florida.
Westside Regional Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for seven consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance. Job Summary
Under the supervision of the Nutritional Services Director, the Executive Chef is expected to perform a variety of duties for the preparation, cooking, and serving of all foods for patients, cafeteria, and doctor's dining room as well as catering, using creative, health conscience techniques, recipes, menus, and presentation.
- Consistently demonstrates the organization's commitment for and adherence to sound ethical business practices in accordance with the Corporate Integrity and Compliance Program, annual work plan and established policies and procedures.
- Directly responsible for the food preparation for patients, the cafeteria, doctors' dining room and any special requests.
- Develops and implements work standards, sanitation procedures, and personal hygiene requirements, consistent with Hospital rules, local, state, and federal regulations and food handling principles.
- Supervises and prepares, breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals as well as special functions.
- Supervises Hot Production Staff, including hiring, training, counseling, and evaluating.
- Consistently assess customer service and satisfaction to making adjustments as necessary to achieve desired outcome of excellent service and quality.
- High School Diploma/GED, required.
- Culinary certifications, preferred.
- Associates/Technical degree from culinary institute, preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience in food service management, preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of related experience in healthcare, required.
Last Edited: 05/15/2018