Job Code: 00102-8123
Days (rotating weekends) Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL Facility Description:
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed acute-care hospital offering a full range of services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast and offers diagnostic, interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include a 24/7 emergency department, pediatric emergency department, labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, and a full range of inpatient and outpatient general surgical services. Lawnwood provides the area's only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Level II Trauma Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Comprehensive Stroke Center.
Lawnwood is accredited by The Joint Commission and designated as Certified Primary Stroke Center. Lawnwood's Physical Rehabilitation Center is CARF accredited and, for 11 years in a row, the hospital is a Five-Star Recipient for the Treatment of Heart Attack by Healthgrades. At Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute, patients come first - no matter what!
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence! Benefits: We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance. JOB SUMMARY:
Under the supervision of the Nutritional Services Director, the Executive Chef is expected to perform a variety of duties for the preparation, cooking, and serving of all foods for patients, cafeteria, and doctor's dining room as well as catering, using creative, health conscience techniques, recipes, menus, and presentation
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE/REGISTRATION
- Consistently demonstrates the organization's commitment for and adherence to sound ethical business practices in accordance with the Corporate Integrity and Compliance Program, annual work plan and established policies and procedures
- Directly responsible for the food preparation for patients, the cafeteria, doctors' dining room and any special requests.
- Develops and implements work standards, sanitation procedures, and personal hygiene requirements, consistent with Hospital rules, local, state, and federal regulations and food handling principles.
- Inspects food preparation and serving areas, equipment and storage facilities, observes the appearance and personal habits of staff to detect deviations and violations of current health regulations and orders corrective measures as necessary.
- Supervises and prepares, breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals as well as special functions.
- Supervises Hot Production Staff, including hiring, training, counseling, and evaluating.
- Responsible for portion control, proper plate service, presentation, garnish, etc.
- Participates with the Director and Clinical Nutritional Manager in menu planning.
- Determines type and accurate quantity of foods to be prepared.
- Conducts regularly scheduled meetings with staff.
- Culinary Certification Preferred
- High school diploma or GED Required
- Associates / Technical from Culinary Institute Preferred
- One year of experience in Health Care required
- Three to five years' experience in Food Service Management preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
SPECIAL DEMANDS: Must be able to work in environments containing human blood and body fluids
Last Edited: 05/15/2018