Job Code: 01505-101724
Director of Infection Prevention
Medical City Dallas
Founded in 1974, Medical City Dallas Hospital is recognized for its state-of-the-art medical facilities and commitment to excellence in patient care. We operate as a 796-bed tertiary care center, and we hope from the moment you walk through our doors, you will notice the Medical City difference. Our staff is passionate about their work and committed to providing excellent patient care. This has allowed Medical City to become a place where healing, compassion, humanity and simple kindness are celebrated daily.
Directs and provides oversight for all aspects of the Infection prevention and control program. This includes implementation of all HCA, state, federal, and local requirements. Directly involved with programs that prevent and control healthcare-acquired infections. Serves as an infection control consultant for facility staff. Interacts with physicians, outside agencies, corporate/divisional staff as well as all departments within the facility to develop and implement a comprehensive Infection Prevention and Control program.
• Graduate of an accredited school of Professional Nursing., BSN required.
• Masters in Nursing or related field preferred.
• Minimum of three years experience as an infection control practitioner at an acute care hospital.
• Experience in Epidemiology, performance improvement, quality
• Current RN license in the State of Texas or compact license
• Certification by the National Certification Board of Infection Control and Applied Epidemiology required.
Last Edited: 05/15/2018