Job Code: 08621-11090
PRNEastside Medical Center
is a 310-bed, full-service, acute care medical center with nearly 1,200 employees and 450 affiliated physicians. The hospital is fully accredited by The Joint Commission. Eastside
has been a leader for 31 years in a wide range of state of the art healthcare, including emergency services, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, women's services, neurosciences, oncology, cardiology and behavioral health. Eastside
is seeking a PRN Endoscopy Technician. Position Responsibilities:
Department Specific Criteria:
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served.
- Promotes customer service initiatives.
- Assists with stocking supplies and maintains clean working environment.
- Assists co-workers to meet patient care needs.
- Demonstrates competency, as appropriate to responsibilities, in the knowledge of the prevention of contamination and transfer of infection and safety policies.
- Performs proper scrub according to policy.
- Prepares instrumentation according to physician's preference cards and scheduled procedure
- Demonstrates competency in the effective and safe use of all equipment.
- Demonstrates proper use of instruments, equipment and endoscopic devises.
- Saves and properly identifies all specimens according to department policy and procedure.
- Follow department policy for proper use of personal protective equipment during procedures.
- Prepares and properly disposes of sharps, blood, and waste according to policy and procedure.
- Performs as preceptor as assigned.
- Assists in preparing the endoscopy suite and performs assigned support duties during endoscopic procedures.
- Checks all instruments for workability prior to usage, displaying knowledge of instruments and equipment.
- Readies all positioning devices deemed necessary by procedure, surgeon preference and patient pre-operative assessment.
- Secures all necessary x-rays when appropriate.
- Shares responsibility for patient's safety at all times.
- Maintains an environment that is free of obstacles and hazards that could result in injuries to personnel and patients.
- Assists with positioning of patient, provides protection for pressure points, and keeps body parts in proper alignment.
- Assures that the procedure information is documented on the procedural cards for future reference according to policy and procedure.
- Checks endoscopes for air leaks
- Reports any equipment malfunction to Clinical Coordinator
- Maintains logs for daily monitoring of strips and solution changes
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program OR
- Georgia Nurse's Aide Certification OR
- Student Nurse who is currently enrolled in Nursing School and has completed Nursing Fundamentals AND Anatomy and Physiology I & II required
- Minimum one (1) year previous technician experience
- BLS - American Heart Association - required
Last Edited: 05/15/2018