Job Code: 08945-147833
No WeekendsJob Summary
â€" The Appeals Collector is responsible for performing follow up on all appeals submitted to the payer for timely payment and resolution. Supervisor
â€"Appeals ManagerDuties (included but not limited to):
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Pursue additional payment on open appeals through various means of communication, such as telephonically, online or via payment package processes with payers and patients.
- Overcome objections that prevent payment of the claim
- Gain commitment for payment through concise and factual collection techniques.
- Escalate accounts to appropriate individuals at the payer and via SSC management as needed, including accounts with lack of timely payer response
- Communicate trends to management as identified
- Utilize effective documentation standards that support a strong historical record of actions taken on the account.
- Meet the productivity and quality standards of the organization
- Complete and comprehend all educational requirements Practice and adhere to the â€Code of Conductâ€ philosophy and â€Mission and Value Statementâ€
- Other duties as assigned
- communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately.
â€¢ Customer orientation
- establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
â€¢ Interpersonal skills
- able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
â€¢ PC skills
- demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
â€¢ Policies & Procedures
- demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
â€¢ Technical skills
- Professional presentation skills needed to represent facilities in legal issues.
â€¢ Basic skills
- able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
â€¢ Clinical skills â€"
ability to read and interpret medical records a plus
- adapt well in a fast-paced changing environment EDUCATION
High school diploma or GED required.EXPERIENCE
â€¢ Minimum one year related experience required, preferably in healthcare
â€¢ Relevant education may substitute experience requirement.
Last Edited: 04/24/2018