Job Code: 01147-3934
Founded in 1967, Doctors Hospital of Sarasota is a 155-bed facility located in the heart of Sarasota County, Florida. Doctors Hospital of Sarasota (DHoS) is part of the HCA North/West Florida Division of Hospitals, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery and diagnostic imaging facilities, and a complete continuum of specialized healthcare programs that meet the healthcare needs of residents and businesses in North, West and Central Florida & Georgia communities. Our parent company, HCA, is the nationâ€™s leading provider of healthcare services.
In addition to being named among the Top 100 in the nation by Thomson Reuters, Doctors Hospital received the Everest Award for being both a 100 Top Hospital current performance winner and one of the 100 most improved hospitals on their five-year trend performance. DHoS has also been repeatedly named among the Top 101 Hospitals with Great Orthopedic Programs by Beckerâ€™s Hospital Review.
At DHoS, we utilize complete computerized charting (â€Electronic Health Recordâ€) for our patient assessment and care documentation. We also utilize eMAR, our electronic medication administration record for the delivery of all medications provided to our patients, which has significantly reduced errors associated when administering medications. In 2013, Doctors Hospital implemented our CPOE (Computerized Physician Order Entry) application called â€Advanced Clinicals.â€
The Behavioral Health Therapist (Florida LCSW)
is responsible for the following:
- Performs psychosocial and behavioral assessments of patients and families to identify emotional, social, and environmental concerns associated with patients' diagnosis, illness, treatment, and/or life situation.
- Works collaboratively with interdisciplinary team, patients, and family members to develop an effective treatment plan.
- Performs individual and group therapy sessions, crisis intervention and other education and counseling in accordance with patients' individual treatment plans.
- Maintains knowledge of community resources and serves as a liaison in obtaining needed support.
- Maintains working knowledge of relevant medical/legal issues that impact patient care, e.g., advance directives, child and elder abuse.
- Assist with screening, identification and management of victims of abuse, neglect, domestic violence, rape, etc. Makes referrals as appropriate and serves as resource for the health care team.
- Accurately documents the administration of care in the patient record in a timely manner.
- Participates in rounding and proactively responds to patient needs to improve patient outcomes and positively impact overall patient experience.
- Contributes to a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
- Masterâ€™s degree in a human services related field (Psychology, Social Work, Mental Health, or Counseling)
- Advanced educational preparation or experience in the area of clinical practice and/or management
- Currently licensed in Florida as a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) required within 30 days of hire
- Current CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) required within 30 days of hire
Last Edited: 04/24/2018