Job Code: 26500-101297
Medical City Healthcare
Medical City Healthcare is one of the regionâ€™s largest, most comprehensive health care providers and includes 14 hospitals, 7 off-campus emergency rooms, more than 50 ambulatory sites, more than 7,000 active physicians and 15,000 employees in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
Under the direct supervision of the Division Manager of Administrative and Office Services, the Executive Assistant provides administrative and secretarial support to assigned senior leaders and their departments. In addition to word processing, filing, scheduling, the executive administrative assistant may perform duties such as financial record keeping, payroll, coordination of meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies, coordinating department mailings, and working on special projects. Deals with a diverse group of external callers and visitors, as well as, internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload, recommends changes in office practices and procedures.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for senior leaders of the department. Maintains calendars and contact lists for assigned leaders and department staff.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for assigned leaders and departments. Retrieves information from files when needed. Establishes, develops, maintains and updates library of journals and magazines appropriate to department.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls.
- Responds to regularly recurring requests for information.
- Sorts and distributes mail for department leader and other department members.
- Answers phones for the assigned leaders and the department. Takes messages or fields/answers routine or non-routine questions. Works in cooperation with other Administrative Assistants to cover phones.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments, facilities and outside agencies, including high-level staff such as CEOâ€™s, Presidents, Sr. Vice Presidents, etc.
- Handles confidential information and non-routine information and explains departmental policies when necessary.
- Works independently and within the team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. as requested by the assigned leaders or other department members. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Process travel expense reports from assigned leaders/department staff and forwards to Accounting.
- Logs invoices when received, obtaining approval signatures and forward to accounting.
- Orders supplies for the department as needed.
- Understands the urgency and works to expedite records, invoices, and other documents timely.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College graduate preferred
- Minimum of three to seven years of experience as an executive assistant
Last Edited: 04/23/2018