Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth Job Summary
Provides mental health services to emotionally disturbed and mentally ill patients in a community mental health setting. Provides diagnostic assessment and direct treatment by individual, family, and group psychotherapy.Essential Functions
- Develops, implements and evaluates patient care according to identified needs.
- Manages clients in crisis utilizing appropriate therapeutic skills and assessment techniques.
- Writes appropriate treatment plans according to patient diagnosis, age and clinical presentation. Writes appropriate discharge plans based on individual needs of client and follows through with termination process.
- Collaborates with appropriate guardians and community agencies to insure effective service delivery.
- Completes patient care assignments with attention to detail and accuracy. Provides accurate and consistent documentation of patient care/response in the medical record. Completes accurate and timely billing information.
- Designs, plans, implements effective patient education.
- Maintains open lines of communication, collaborates with healthcare team for patient outcome.
Works in patient care areas including hospital units, emergency room, individual offices and conference areas with exposure to potentially combative and hostile patients. Work requires frequent moving from one area to another, answering pages, and coordinating and communicating with other staff persons in various disciplines and agencies.Education, Experience and Certifications
Masters degree in a relevant human services field such as Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or Marriage and Family Therapy from an accredited school of graduate education required. Full licensure in NC required. 2 years clinical experience required. CPI and CPR training required for psychotherapist working in inpatient psychiatric setting.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve. Posting Notes:
Not Applicable Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer