Job Code: 00035-41579
Chippenham Hospital, a 466-bed acute care facility, is located on the Southside of Richmond, a short drive from the beautiful, outdoor Stony Point Fashion Park, offering an abundance of shops, restaurants, and even a dine-in movie theater. Chippenham Hospital is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortuneâ€™s 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
The Joint Commission awarded Chippenham Hospital the Gold Seal of Approval and named us a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for advanced primary stroke, heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, perinatal care, hip and knee replacement and surgical care. We are also a Certified Chest Pain Center and a Level II Trauma Center, which means we provide fast, skilled care in lifeâ€™s most difficult moments.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS JOB FUNCTIONS*
1. *Greets patients/customers promptly, professionally and cordially.
2. *Operates computer systems effectively with sufficient knowledge base to avoid errors.
3. *Answers telephone professionally and efficiently, providing appropriate information to caller. Records accurate messages and distributes in a timely manner. Receives and takes action of faxes as necessary.
4. Provides procedure preparation instructions to patients and distributes appropriate diagnostic agents as required for specific studies. Assists in getting patients dressed for exams. Observes patient waiting time.
5. *Prepares requisitions for scheduled and non-scheduled procedures by utilizing various computer systems and prepares form for all stat/call results/send films when requested.
6. *Prints, separates and distributes reports in a timely manner.
7. Screens requests for on-call procedures and follows appropriate instructions for protocols.
8. Prints films from PACS and PACS Cube CD Burner and releases films and or interpretation to physicians/customers when requested. Check out and mail films and/or interpretations as needed.
9. Utilize skills and knowledge by being proficient in all clerical areas of Radiology Department (Diagnostic, CT, MRI, US, Mammo, Nuc Med).
10. Generates warehouse list for retrieval.
REQUIRED: One year of clerical in an office setting
PREFERRED: One year of clerical in a medical environment
REQUIRED: High School graduate. Formal medical terminology course
Work Schedule: * Must be flexible, various days as needed.
Last Edited: 04/20/2018