Job Code: 25537-147395
Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. That's why, after more than a decade, Parallon remains dedicated to helping hospitals and hospital systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future.
As one of the healthcare industry's leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized services in the areas of revenue cycle, purchasing, supply chain, technology, workforce management and consulting.
Parallon's purpose is simple. We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
JOB TITLE â€" Executive Assistant
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES â€" Performs administrative duties for senior level executives.
SUPERVISOR â€" Director as assigned
SUPERVISES â€" None
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Performing complex administrative duties including responding for executive when he/she is unavailable, composing correspondence, and coordinating resources across corporate functions.
2. Handling various administrative details with initiative and good judgment.
3. Providing general administrative support including typing, answering multiple phone lines, indexing and filing documents, making copies, handling travel arrangements, and scheduling meetings.
4. Answering inquiries and/or referring callers/visitors to appropriate person/department.
5. Gathering information and developing summaries as requested.
6. Ensuring adequacy of office supplies and equipment.
7. Assisting other staff as requested.
8. Attending meetings as assigned and reporting on actions.
9. Participating in educational activities and programs.
10. Maintaining strictest confidentiality.
11. Performing related work as required.
12. Practice and adhere to the â€Code of Conductâ€ philosophy and â€Mission and Value Statementâ€.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES â€" This position requires the following minimal requirements:
1. Knowledge of general management principles.
2. Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, and systems.
3. Ability to type 60 wpm.
4. Ability to work in a fast paced, high stress environment.
5. Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
6. High level of proficiency in MS Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
EDUCATION â€" High school diploma or GED is required. Associates or Bachelorâ€™s degree in Business Administration is preferred.
EXPERIENCE â€" Four to five years of administrative experience is required, including at least one year in a healthcare organization (appropriate education may be substituted for experience).
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE â€" None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS â€" Requires prolonged sitting and some bending, stooping, and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. Requires dexterity to type 60 wpm. Work is performed in an office environment and involves frequent contact with staff and the public.
Last Edited: 04/17/2018