Job Code: 00144-11812
No Weekends Largo
At the largest hospital in HCAâ€™s West Florida Division, become part of something bigger. Through the units of our 425-bed statutory teaching hospital, you will find an avenue to pursue your passion for excellence in patient care. Since 1978, Largo Medical Center has thrived due to a strong focus on growth, technological innovation, excellence in care, compassion and convenience. We have three locations primed to help patients in Pinellas County. Largo Medical Center has locations in Clearwater, through our Free-Standing ER, in Largo, FL through our Largo Medical Center - Main Campus and at Largo Medical Center -Indian Rocks close to Indian Rocks Beach.
Our campuses provide exceptional care to our patients through a variety of our service lines such as Emergency Services, Cardiovascular Services, Behavioral Medicine, Bariatric/Surgical Weight Loss care at the Florida Bariatric Centers, Breast Healthcare at the Florida Breast Institute, Clinical Research, Occupational Health, Hepatobiliary Center, Imaging and Diagnostic Services, Knee Care at the Florida Knee and Orthopedic Pavilion â€" 10th Anniversary, Outpatient and Inpatient Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation, Robotic Surgery, Sports Injury care at the Florida Sports Medicine Center, Sleep Disorders Care, Wound Care and Spine and Neurological Care at the Florida Spine & Neuro Center.
As a progressive and thriving facility, Largo Medical Center is committed to launching service lines that align themselves with the needs of the community. Our newest example of this commitment is seen through the opening of our Transplant Institute of Florida, the first Transplant Institute in Pinellas County. With a passion for quality, and a commitment to growth for our hospital and our employees, Largo Medical Center creates a culture of compassion and service excellence for patients and employees alike.
The Behavioral Health Therapist is responsible for the following:
- Performs psychosocial and behavioral assessments of patients and families to identify emotional, social, and environmental concerns associated with patients' diagnosis, illness, treatment, and/or life situation.
- Works collaboratively with interdisciplinary team, patients, and family members to develop an effective treatment plan.
- Performs individual and group therapy sessions, crisis intervention and other education and counseling in accordance with patients' individual treatment plans.
- Maintains knowledge of community resources and serves as a liaison in obtaining needed support.
- Maintains working knowledge of relevant medical/legal issues that impact patient care, e.g., advance directives, child and elder abuse.
- Assist with screening, identification and management of victims of abuse, neglect, domestic violence, rape, etc. Makes referrals as appropriate and serves as resource for the health care team.
- Accurately documents the administration of care in the patient record in a timely manner.
- Participates in rounding and proactively responds to patient needs to improve patient outcomes and positively impact overall patient experience.
- Contributes to a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
- Masterâ€™s degree in a human services related field (Psychology, Social Work, Mental Health, or Counseling)
- Advanced educational preparation or experience in the area of clinical practice and/or management
- Currently licensed in Florida as a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) Licensed Mental Health Councilor (LMHC) or Marriage and Family Counselor (LMFT).
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) required within 30 days of hire
- Current CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) required within 30 days of hire
Last Edited: 04/13/2018