Job Code: 00146-7186
No Weekends POSITION SUMMARY:
The Staff Accountant is responsible for the day to day activities of the Accounting Department including, but not limited to:
- Preparing Account Reconciliations
- Prepares and enters journal entries to accurately record financial transactions.
- Performs Account Analysis and Variance Explanations for specific Income Statement Accounts when necessary.
- Assists with the bi-weekly processing of payroll.
- Assists with SOX audits and testing.
- Maintaining the Capital Equipment Database (FAS)
- Responsible for verifying Accounts Payable coding is correct and assists other departments with A/P processes.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts including documentation to support balances.
- Assist the Controller, Accounting Manager, and CFO with budgets, audits, and special projects as they arise.
Education : B.S. degree in Accounting required.
Experience : One year accounting experience preferred.
Analytical skills and the ability to solve problems
Strong organizational skills
Strong computer skills using MS Office products, i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Last Edited: 04/12/2018