Job Code: 09727-51990
Nights (rotating weekends) Research Psychiatric Center â€" Kansas City, MO Assessment Clinician â€" Psychiatric Call Center
At Research Psychiatric Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Research Psychiatric Center has provided comprehensive behavioral health services for more than 25 years to teenagers, adults and seniors dealing with emotional disorders, mental illness and substance abuse.
Are you looking for a place to make a difference with a healthcare system that offers the best resources to not only the community, but also its employees? Apply here today! About Research Psychiatric Center:
Our mental health programs offer a complete range of acute inpatient, day treatment and community based outpatient behavioral healthcare. Our professional staff includes psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers and licensed professional counselors, all with special training to care for people with mental, emotional or behavioral disorders. We are dedicated to helping our patients find their path to recovery through therapy, counseling and other treatment methods. Our treatment plans are created to fit each patientâ€™s individual health needs.
Our 100 bed facility is fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and from the State of Missouri. All hospital based services include full psychiatric, psychosocial and medical evaluations.
Learn more about working at Research Psychiatric Center: http://researchpsychiatriccenter.com/about/
Our mobile assessors provide emergency triage and crisis assessment to determine, and co-facilitate, the required plan of care to ensure optimal safety and patient outcomes across the age and mental health disease spectrum. Our assessments may be conducted in emergency room settings, and other locations, and by tele-assessment.
Responsibilities of the mobile assessor include assessment and clear documentation of the determination of what course of care immediately meets the needs of the patient, coordination and facilitation of the patient's course of treatment as determined by the assessment, collaboration and communication inside an interdisciplinary team that includes physicians, emergency room providers and staff, community partners and providers, and departmental and inter-departmental teams. The mobile assessor/clinician will need to be familiar with and utilize all available resources in addressing the clients needs to ensure the best plan of care is available and facilitated. Qualifications:
- Master's degree in Social Work or Counseling from an accredited university or Registered Nurse with BSN or Master's degree preferred with two years of acute psychiatric expereince
- Current Missouri and Kansas licensure required. LCSW, LSCSW, LPC, PLPC, LMSW or RN with BSN or MSN preferred.
- Two years of acute psychiatric experience required
- Must possess solid critical thinking skills and the ability to perform in changing and complex environments
- Working knowledge of the DSM preferred. Demonstrated knowledge or training in the developmental and emotional needs of patients of all ages. Has a clear understanding of regulatory requirements with an emphasis on EMTALA and HIPPA compliance.
- Working knowledge of community referral sources and systems is preferred
- Will assist with other transfer center referral activities as part of the mobile assessor role
Last Edited: 04/16/2018