Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth Job Summary
The Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist provides professional care in the SHVI Invasive Cardiac, Pediatric and Peripheral Laboratories in accordance with hospital policies and procedures. The Registered Electrophysiology Invasive Specialist provides professional care in the in the various SHVI Invasive Cardiac, Pediatric, Vascular and Electrophysiology (EP) Laboratories in accordance with hospital policies and procedures. Essential Functions
- Demonstrates evidence based practice and performs care for the comfort and wellbeing of the patient.
- Performs and/or assists with treatments, therapies, and procedures (including scrub assistant, monitoring and circulating) under the direction of the physician.
- Administers medication under the direct supervision of the physician.
- Documents a current clinical picture and records designated information in the patient record.
- Conveys relevant information to physicians and teammates.
- Calculates, interprets and analyzes data.
- Assists in development of policies, procedures and standards of care reflective of current practice/literature.
- Participates in committee and governance activities.
- Assists in the ongoing education of the Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (nonregistered) to prepare such individual for the Cardiovascular Registry examination.
- Demonstrates leadership in role as a preceptor and serves as a clinical resource for others.
- Intermittent to rapid pace with high pressure situations, requiring periods of prolonged concentration and critical thinking. Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 50 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies Fluency inreading, writing and speaking English is essential. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch, manual dexterity, good eye hand coordination. Standing and walking while wearing 10-20 lbs lead radiation protection aprons. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or unit conditions. Potential exposure to radiation, secretions and blood. Confined work area. Travel may be required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- High School Diploma or GED and completion of an accredited program of Cardiovascular/Cardiopulmonary technology, The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, nursing or related field required. Invasive Cardiovascular Specialist/Electrophysiology Specialist training or experience preferred. Maintains current BLS, ACLS and CCI/certification requirements
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer