Job Code: 00001-65627
No Weekends TriStar Centennial Medical Center â€" Nashville, TN Data Manager - Oncology
Our 657 bed hospital is both nationally and locally recognized, including being named as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals in the areas of cardiology, stroke, orthopaedics and breast cancer management. As a result of the continued advances in quality care, many improvements in all areas of healthcare have been made and thousands of lives have been significantly impacted. This position will play a key part in continuing our success!
TriStar Centennial Medical Center
is seeking a Data Manager - Oncology
. This is a full-time, exempt (salaried) position.
T he Data Manager provides data oversight and management of clinical and program data for the purposes of meeting regulatory and registry reporting requirements, assuring data quality, and maintaining accurate and current data files. S/he assists with the evaluation, implementation and maintenance of data systems and IT & S programs needed for data management.
General Essential Functions
- Collects, collates and analyzes data related to Sarah Cannon Center for Blood Cancer (CBC) activities (clinical, QA, QI, operations, etc,)
- Enters data from patient charts and other sources into appropriate databases.
- Downloads and collates data from other information systems
- Creates and submits detailed reports based on identified data points at defined timelines
- Works with SCCBC staff, information system staff, external vendors and external partners related to data management project/needs.
- Makes recommendations for data, database structure and implementation including organization, structure and support.
- Works with competing tasks across projects and timelines, including providing support to external users of program software.
- Adheres to organization standards and SCCBC practice guidelines.
- Assists in the development of and compliance with FACT and other regulatory agency standards.
- Completes Requests for Information (RFIs) from internal depts. and external agencies
- Performs data collection and reporting required for SCCBC related research protocols as needed
- Participates in preparation for and actual on-site SCCBC program surveys./ accreditation visits
- Assists with quality management activities including but not limited to audits, outcome analyses
- Participates on committees as required.
- Assumes responsibility for personal and professional growth.
- Attends all mandatory in-services and meetings.
- BA/BS in relevant field and/or 5 years of relevant experience involving data management
- Medical terminology knowledge
- Ability to organize, coordinate, manage, and monitor complex projects and work independently
- Advanced skill level with all functions of Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Ability to prepare comprehensive data reports
- Skill in verbal and written communication
Last Edited: 04/11/2018