Job Code: 00355-8794
PRN Capital Regional
is a 266-bed acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER, Senior Care ER and an Express Care ER. Offerings also include a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic Center, Physical Therapy Services, Seniors First, Sleep Center, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Wound Healing Center, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more. POSITION SUMMARY:
Responsible for the planning and organization of patient activities. Also responsible to be a part of the multidisciplinary team of the program. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Provide activities for patients admitted to the program which include following program group schedule and provide set holiday activities on provided dates. Provide support and or participation for after hour activities especially on weekends.
- Participates as a member of the multidisciplinary treatment team. Attends set treatment team meetings and progress reviews as evidence by signature on treatment planning update forms.
- Conducts individual activity assessments on each patient within given timeframes.
- Makes a written summary of initial assessment, evaluation, treatment and progress as evidenced by initial assessment forms completed in the medical record and documentation in the progress notes.
- Document patient progress with therapeutic activities in patientâ€™s medical record.
- Request needed supplies for activity department. Request should be made in compliance with the hospitals purchasing department guidelines.
- Keeps equipment and supplies safe for use and in working order.
- Performs other duties and special projects as required and approved by Program Director
- Bachelorâ€™s degree required in recreation therapy or in one of the recognized related activity therapy fields such as music, art, dance, or occupational therapy as outlined in CMS standards for inpatient psychiatric care. If permitted by state requirements a licensed consultant can be retained to supervise and sign assessments, progress notes and all activity director responsibilities.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Licensed or certified in recreation therapy of recognized, related fields such as music, art, dance, or occupational therapy preferred
- BLS through American Heart Association required
- One (1) year experience required in therapeutic activities in a psychiatric setting and must meet state and CMS requirements.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
Last Edited: 04/10/2018