Job Code: 00355-8768
No Weekends Capital Regional Medical Center
is a 266-bed acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER, Senior Care ER and an Express Care ER. Offerings also include a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic Center, Physical Therapy Services, Seniors First, Sleep Center, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Wound Healing Center, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more. POSITION SUMMARY:
Provide care to patients under the direction of the RN, in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of CRMC. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of sterile technique, instruments and supplies needed for surgical cases.
- Communicates, interacts and participates in teamwork on the unit.
- Communicates and participates in patient care activities in direct conjunction with the RN.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Maintains and practices quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patientâ€™s care which results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety and quality of care.
- Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Adheres to chain of command policy.
- Adheres to the on â€" call rotation schedule for the department which provides 24 hour, seven day a week coverage.
- Restock rooms with supplies and assist with ordering of supplies.
- Clean and process contaminated scopes in instruments according to regulatory requirements and departmental policies.
- Assist in providing a safe environment for procedure patients.
- Assist with positioning for procedure.
- Know the specific use of all equipment to be used.
- Assembles the required equipment and supplies according to the type of procedure performed.
- Assist the physician with each procedure and follows the direction of physician.
- Performs free procedural verifications to include universal protocol.
- Assist with set up and connecting patient to monitoring equipment and reassures patient for comfort.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School or equivalency required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- BLS â€" AHA Healthcare Provider required
- Certification in flexible endoscope reprocessing (CFER) preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Previous endoscopy experience preferred
- Acute care experience preferred
- Reads and writes Basic English
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Video equipment set up/troubleshooting skills
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge about specimen preparation, labeling and handling
- Solid knowledge and understanding of scope reprocessing within three months
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
Last Edited: 04/09/2018