Job Code: 07848-15175
PRN Job Summary
â€" The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for reviewing, validating, and processing all invoices for payment according to the departmentâ€™s policies and procedures. The Accounts Payable Specialist is also responsible for the timely resolution of all invoice discrepancies, ensuring the facilities remain in good standing with the vendor community, and ensuring that all accruals are recorded in an accurate and timely manner. Essential Duties & Responsibilities (included but not limited to):
- Compile and review accounts payable documents and prepare document batches for processing.
- Record appropriate vendor, expense account number, and tax information when processing payments.
- Match supplier credit memos with hospital debit memos and process them in a timely manner; Investigate and resolve any identified discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Record all manual checks issued by the facilities accurately and efficiently
- Respond to employee and vendor inquires in a professional, courteous, and timely manner
- Prepare accounts payable reports and maintain accounts payable records according to department policies and procedures
- Review and correct OPAY report weekly to ensure the accuracy of the accruals
- Review and correct suspended voucher report weekly to ensure that all discrepancies are resolved
- Maintain effective communication with customers, co-workers, vendors, and the management team
- Demonstrate effective problem solving skills
- Demonstrate comprehensive job knowledge
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
ï,• High School Diploma or GED required
ï,• One year previous accounts payable experience
Last Edited: 04/09/2018